Questions about The Hopper?

Assuming that somewhere on the DVR recordings screen, it has an estimate of the recording time remaining, does that estimate, unlike the ViP receivers, take into account that MPEG4 takes up less space than MPEG2?

The estimate is a percentage of space available on the internal hard drive. It is not quantified in hours (at least that I've seen). Seems to be identical with the 922 in that regard (and many others for that matter...in a GOOD way though!)

Is the phone jack on the hopper not operational yet, when I run the connection test it showes Broadband ok but phone test gives error
but I have hooked a phone to the cable going in the hopper and it has a dial tone.

Fast forward a period of X where the hopper interconnection is working. Will Hopper 2 be able to use an available tuner on Hopper 1 and vice versa if all local tuners are currently in use?

John Kotches said:
Fast forward a period of X where the hopper interconnection is working. Will Hopper 2 be able to use an available tuner on Hopper 1 and vice versa if all local tuners are currently in use?

Yep. The system will act as one big DVR with 6 tuners, instead of 2 seperate ones.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

With present software, will one Hopper Internet Connector provide Internet connections for two Hoppers and four Joeys?
No. Until Hopper integration is functional, each hopper needs a connection.

Nope. One HIC will give both Hoppers and all Joeys a broadband connection. gtal98 did an install like that and it worked fine.

I don't need an HIC, I have an 8-port switch in the closet where the hoppers are jumping into place. Is it "one and only one" Hopper that gets an internet connection or can both be connected as a redundancy measure?

John Kotches said:
I don't need an HIC, I have an 8-port switch in the closet where the hoppers are jumping into place. Is it "one and only one" Hopper that gets an internet connection or can both be connected as a redundancy measure?

The 1st Hopper will not give an internet connection to the 2nd one until full integration is enabled. So you will need to connect ethernet to both for now.

KAB/Isaac:

The problem is that there's conflicting information between both yourself and isaac, unless the rules are differnt when you're using an HIC versus a switch directly into an existing TP configuration.

John Kotches said:
KAB/Isaac:

The problem is that there's conflicting information between both yourself and isaac, unless the rules are differnt when you're using an HIC versus a switch directly into an existing TP configuration.

One HIC will give internet access to both Hoppers, but if you connect ethernet directly to the Hoppers you will need to connect ethernet to both until full integration is enabled.

Yep. Don't do this. Don't even consider it. It's not like diplexing into a sat line. This WILL f**k your system up.

My Hopper shows 4% used on internal hd, I have 2 1/2 hours of HD recorded, also, somewhere I saw that there was 500gb on the drive, but this might have been a reading from one of my ehds.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)