Questions about The Hopper?

jdad11 said:
Thanks.. didn't realize the hopper doesn't support OTA yet.

Anyway, I am just reading up on this.. just wondering if the Joeys are able to connect via Ethernet only?
I have a room that doesn't have any Coax cable but it has a Ethernet CAT5 run from the living room. Right now, the only way to watch TV is through a computer+monitor via Ethernet only via SlingAdapter.

Won't work. You need coax for a Joey.

Can one remote be programmed to operate two Hoppers? I seem to recall other series of DISH remotes being able to have the AUX function assigned to another receiver address.

I'm curious why you want one remote for two different receivers.

I'm planning to install two Hoppers feeding the same TV via a switching receiver. The Joeys are off doing their own thing and can see either Hopper, but both Hoppers cannot see each other.

General Hopper/PTAT questions

1. Does the red recording light turn on during PTAT recording?
2. Is there any way to check the health of the PTAT partition on the hard drive?
3. If a timer is created for a program that is part of PTAT, is that program available on the list of My Recordings while it is being recorded, or is it only available in the PTAT list?
4. I've seen a multi step procedure for resetting a Joey. Does a similar process exist for the Hopper?

1. Does the red recording light turn on during PTAT recording?
2. Is there any way to check the health of the PTAT partition on the hard drive?
3. If a timer is created for a program that is part of PTAT, is that program available on the list of My Recordings while it is being recorded, or is it only available in the PTAT list?
4. I've seen a multi step procedure for resetting a Joey. Does a similar process exist for the Hopper?

1. Yes
2. Not sure
3. Yes (available in both my recordings and PTAT)
4. Hold the reset button

Oh dear... I just saw the back panel of the Hopper and Joey.. I see no where I can connect my OTA cable from my Antenna for my locals sub channels.

Does that mean I cannot upgrade to the Hopper yet? I am currently using 722k with OTA module.

There's a whole thread about who isn't going to upgrade due tot he lack of a tuner. I'm in that boast. I get a 2nd cities tv via my rooftop antenna, plus all the sub-channels of my locals.

Another question:

When a timer is set for a PTAT show so that it's automatically saved to the user side, how does the Daily Schedule (in the My Recordings dropdown) appear? Is it listed separately from the PTAT entry? Is there any listing to denote it's part of PTAT here?

Can someone tell me exactly where the Joey's IR receiver is inside that inch long lens? I have a blaster I want to put on it, so I can put it in my rack with the rest of my equipment. Already have long HDMI run to TV. Right now I had to run RG6 and put Joey at the TV.

Jetting mine installed now....4.5 hours already and a newbie tech. His boss just arrived. This is worse than my 922 install

Can someone tell me exactly where the Joey's IR receiver is inside that inch long lens? I have a blaster I want to put on it, so I can put it in my rack with the rest of my equipment. Already have long HDMI run to TV. Right now I had to run RG6 and put Joey at the TV.
Don't know, but you should be able to shine a flashlight on it and see through the lens. My guess would be dead center if designed properly.

ok quick question and may have already been answered so be easy on a newbie:) Since a hopper has 3 tuners it will run 3 joeys right? So does the hopper use its own tuner with 3 to spare for joeys? The reason Im asking is because Im wanting a 1 hopper and 2 joey set up but need one tuner to be free for recording or sling viewing without having to sacrifice tv viewing in a room

I tried searching for "aspect joey" "zoom joey" and "fomat joey" but didn't find anything. Is there a way to zoom the image on a joey? My kids watch a ton of Baby First TV, and my wife likes to fill the screen with it. Is that one of the features that will appear after 24 hrs?

A couple of questions.

1. Our local network shows all run five minutes over, will PTAT copy the entire show even if(and it will) run past the hour.
2. I believe I read that the PTAT shows are available for 8 days. Is there a way to save a PTAT show in case we can't watch it in that time frame?

It sounds like a nice box and I'm tempted, but the lack of OTA makes it less tempting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts