Questions for Dish Network

After all of the hype regarding L4.01 for the 622 receivers, how do they feel about it now regarding the number of serious issues people are seeing with it ?? I mean, side-by-side PIP sounds cool but I run in dual-mode.... HD channel mapdown ?? Sorry, I know where the HD channels are already and don't need them matched up with the SD channels.

Umm, how exactly are those two things "serious issues", instead of "features that I choose not to use"?

I am interested in three things:
- External Storage
- Ability to save programs to a USB-connected hard drive
- Archiving content in a digital format to watch later
:D

Picture Quality

Please ask them when they intend to improve picture quality back to the levels we had in December 2005. I have talked to their engineering department for six months providing all the observations of picture quality at their request for them to work on correcting some of the picture quality issues I see.

Nothing they have done in the past six months has improved anything.

Instead, HD and SD continues to get worse. SD is nearly unwatchable most of the time.

It is really sad what they have done to a once nice picture.

They do not seem to care.

All they can do is increase my monthly bill and I get nothing in return except a poorer picture.

Sorry, I just needed to vent!!

You might have to ask them this one privately and not publish their names when they answer.....

After all of the hype regarding L4.01 for the 622 receivers, how do they feel about it now regarding the number of serious issues people are seeing with it ?? I mean, side-by-side PIP sounds cool but I run in dual-mode.... HD channel mapdown ?? Sorry, I know where the HD channels are already and don't need them matched up with the SD channels.

That's an unemployment line question. But if you ask Charlie this question he'll mention that he's making a killing.

Well if you keep having those kind of issues have them send you a replacement receiver. If you get the replacement one and still have issues then it's something else.

I apologize if this has been addressed already...

Why is there a $6 DVR fee? Does this pay for some kind of extended service like TiVo? Or a "networked" HDD like Comcast so you have lots of space to save things? If I'm paying a $5 lease fee + $6 "DVR" fee for nothing more than a HDD, I'd like to know why.

How about this. What can you tell us that will actually happen and we might be happy to hear? What can you tell us that will actually happen and you feel we won't be happy to hear? Dish tech specific stuff please.

Most of the really interesting stuff tech guys seem to say never really ever appears or it's so far out as to be pointless.

When will Dish fix the software issues on the 501/508 I'm tired of having the thing reboot all the time.

How about adding some SD new channels? (FITTV)

How about adding some new SD channels like Discovery FitTV?

How many times are you going to state "that's not a technical question"? Its not stopping the programming questions.

I don't understand why that is such a hard concept to understand. Scott clearly said he was looking for technical quesitons...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts