Questions on returning receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Current setup is one HR34 and three H25's. I think that we may not really need 1 or 2 of the H25's. If I return these to save the monthly fee, and a couple of months later decide that we want the extra receivers, how much would it be to get replacement receivers from direct? I was also looking at buying one or two on ebay so I could have them activated and deactivated as needed and noticed a huge spread on the price. Are the cheap ones actually leased receivers or receivers with balances that can't be activated? If I do buy my own receivers, how much difference is there between the H25 I have now and receivers a model or two older? Don't think that it matters, but I am about six months into my 2 year contract.
Thanks

If you activate leased equipment it adds onto your contract
Most receivers on Ebay are leased and would add onto the contract.

Owned receivers do not add a contract

With a $6 fee a month why not just keep them as is? Wouldnt it cost more in the long run to add receivers especially when you still pay the $6 fee per extra receiver

Current setup is one HR34 and three H25's. I think that we may not really need 1 or 2 of the H25's. If I return these to save the monthly fee, and a couple of months later decide that we want the extra receivers, how much would it be to get replacement receivers from direct? I was also looking at buying one or two on ebay so I could have them activated and deactivated as needed and noticed a huge spread on the price. Are the cheap ones actually leased receivers or receivers with balances that can't be activated? If I do buy my own receivers, how much difference is there between the H25 I have now and receivers a model or two older? Don't think that it matters, but I am about six months into my 2 year contract.
Thanks

If you return the ones you have, you'll have to start over when you need more, meaning paying regular price.

I doubt that anything you may find out there is anything more than a Lease.
IF your gonna try the ebay route I would get the Model and seriel number and recvr # if they have them and CALL D before any transactions are made and THEY will know if the person should actually be RETURNING them vs selling them.

I would hate to see you BUY something that is a lease for someone else as they more than likely would NOT activate them.

Personally, I would pick up the phone and call D* and explain your situation and see what they say.

Tell them you have a HR34 and x amount of H25's and ask if you can shut a few off for several months till you need them again and then reactivate them.

See what they say and also let us know what they say as well.

If you don't like what the first person tells you, try again, you may get the same answer, maybe not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts