Questions on Switches and such

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys,
I just got my twinhan card today and was trying to get my old dishnet dish pointed towards nimiq 2 to see if WGN was still FTA but I am really confused.

I got a 4 X 1 Disqec switch too and pluged that dish into the #1 slot. The dish worked the last time I used it but that was several years ago. Even with the dish pointing towards the ground I got about 22 signal in the VisionDTV app. I dont know really how to setup the software to say it that I am using a dss dish on #1. It asks questions about LNB power, type, frequency 1 and 2, a 22khz tone, and diseqc has 4 options, LNB A B C and d.

I am really frustrated right now. I though it would be really much easier. I really want to at least get one sat. before I bring home the DTN dish for Ku stuff.

Maybe my dish is just bad. I am replacing my single Directv dish with a Phase 3 so I guess I could try that dish. :no

More of a rant than anything, I guess.

Trash the Phase3 dish, more trouble than they're worth.
What sat are you going to point at?

Bypass the switch for now, install progdvb and have a go with that.
When you've hit a bird, plug your switch back init port 1 and I'll walk you through the diseqc settings in prog.

Another tip is to set things up without the switch, you can add that anytime, it just makes life harder until you are all set up, good luck!

Pete has a good point. Its harder to work with it when a switch is ionvolved. Run a line from the dish to the card. Add the switch when you are done :)

I am initally trying to hit Nimiq 2. What I meant by the Phase 3 is I currently have a directv dish pointing at 101 for my directv tivo, but Topeka now has locals with Directv so I bought a Phase 3 to use with the directv tivo. I would then take the old one pointing at 101 and try it to hit Nimiq 2.

I just wonder if the old dish lnb is bad. It has been in my building for years.

I will try a direct cable with the dish pointing at Nimiq 2(unless WGN-DT is not FTA anymore then I wont bother).

I have told you guys about the DTN dish before, but would a Direcpc or Primestar dish work better? That DTN dish is a LUG, and I am going to have to get it off the roof where I work. I have a friend that loves to rummage and he could probably find me a primestar or direcpc dish. Am I to assume correctly they would need no modification for Ku?

timmy1376 said:
I have told you guys about the DTN dish before, but would a Direcpc or Primestar dish work better? That DTN dish is a LUG, and I am going to have to get it off the roof where I work. I have a friend that loves to rummage and he could probably find me a primestar or direcpc dish. Am I to assume correctly they would need no modification for Ku?

DirecPC dish works like a champ no mods.

Attachments

• dishside.jpg
    dishside.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 207
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)