Quick Facts for 622 and 222

Jim S. said:
If it's for the analog output, why does it say "analog input module"? And why is there a seperate air/cable (albeit without the HRC/ICC options) setting in the modulator setup screen? And why would it be on the HDTV Setup screen? Doesn't it only output SD via the modulator?

Jim5506:

Thanks for taking the time to post and help me (us) out. However, you've got to admit, these are some pretty good questions. If there is a more detailed explanation of the HDTV Setup menu option out there I wish E* would let us know; right now it's just confusing.

=NLK=

Output Resolutions over HDMI port?

What are your options for output resolutions on the HDMI port? Can you choose to always output 1080i? Can you choose to use a "pass through" and always pass through the resolution that was originally broadcast?

Thanks.

PS I'm getting my HD upgrade installed this friday (7/28)...

dgpruitt said:
What are your options for output resolutions on the HDMI port? Can you choose to always output 1080i? Can you choose to use a "pass through" and always pass through the resolution that was originally broadcast?

Thanks.

PS I'm getting my HD upgrade installed this friday (7/28)...
Currently you are fixed at one resolution. You can choose 480i/480p/720p or 1080i. Reportedly an option will be added at some time in the future for it to be able to match what your Tv is cabable allowing multiple output (passthru) resolutions.

Depends if you want an independent output for another TV (no fee if you have it plugged into a phone line.

OTA recording 622

I can't seem to start a recording of one of my local OTA stations and then watch another channel. After hitting record and then trying to change stations the 622 says that the recording must stop in order to switch channels. If I start recording on one of the Dish channels, I can then tune to an OTA channel and things work fine. Just not the other way.

Has anyone else run into this? Maybe I'm not doing something right.

Thanks,
Floyd

Sounds like you are trying to switch to another OTA channel.... Only one OTA tuner.

I'm pretty confidant that the message occurs when trying to switch to to a Dish channel, and of course an OTA channel as well (but I hadn't thought about the two OTA channels and one tuner issue you brought up).

I should be able to start recording one OTA and watch another Dish channel though correct?

I'll double check this evening but it would l be nice to confirm this is how it should work.

Often you cannot switch away from a recording OTA channel unless you go to the guide and pick your non-OTA channel. Make sure you are not time lagging, first--hit view. Manually started records are more of a problem than timers.
-Ken

Been reading about these two receivers but haven't seen yet how they are linked. I'm a newbe getting ready to make the switch from cable. So if using a 622, how are the 2 TV's connected. I have 4 tv's, 1 HD plasma and the rest are 36" crt's. 1 of the CRT's is upstairs, the others are on main floor. What would be ya'lls best recomendations for setup and how?

i have a vip622 as my main hd receiver. it also feeds a SD crt tv in my bedroom. i want to upgrade the bedroom tv and go hd, but it appears the 622 will only feed out an sd signal. a friend of mine has offered to give me an extra 622hd receiver he's not using. is it as simple as splitting the signal to both 622s and hooking up a new hd tv in the bedroom, or do i have to contact dish and go through a process with them to start getting hd in my bedroom? thanks in advance for any help.

Any word on the status of being able to make use of the USB port to attach an external hard drive for DVR recording on the VIP222?

I'm also curious as to how Dish will treat this. Will one just have to pay the one-time activation fee or will the monthly DVR fee also apply after this feature has been activated. If the latter is true, I don't know if they'll get that many takers since a customer that wanted this service could have just opted for a 622 or a 722 from the start. Those who negotiate can often get these receivers free anyway.

I've reviewed this thread from front to back and have not found a link to the PDF referenced in the QuickFacts_222 document (i.e., “Quick Facts: Shared Agile Output”). I tried various combinations of that title in searches at dishnetwork.com without success. Anyone have a link to the “Quick Facts: Shared Agile Output” PDF?

Any word on the status of being able to make use of the USB port to attach an external hard drive for DVR recording on the VIP222?

I too thought this feature would be added. Talked to Dish this morning and the tech support person (not in India!) stated this feature was never planned for the 211 and 222 now or in the future. The only option for adding a EHD is to increase storage space for existing DVR's.:(

He obviously does not watch Charlie Chat, because it has been talked about several times there.

It might have been abandoned, but it was reported to be not only in development, but in testing and said to be available this summer.

BTY, I've not heard the 222 mentioned in this talk, only the ViP211, possibly a problem with two tuners recording to an external HD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)