Quick Facts for 622 and 222

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
monsterHDfreak said:
In my opinion, though I know you didn't ask for it, anyone that can find component cabling should use that on more than one HDTV. When Dish figures that out they might figure some other things out, like customer service for example, but then... hell has to freeze over twice first so I'm wasting valuable fingertip energy here. Let's see... OTA improvements they'll never get right... dual HDMI outputs (not that i've found an HDMI cable longer than 12' yet but who says it can't happen, eh?), dual component outputs... customer service.... anyone else thinking Charlie Chat on March 13th? I am! I guess we can at least pray that the founder and CEO of the company might think about making those changes. Should have made them this time around... eee gads!!!!!!

Can't fix the rest but I know of HDMI cables that are available to at least 60 feet if ya need um.

To SaltiDawg:

I think you're right about the H20 only recording two timers at a time, at least the H10-250 can only do 2 at a time. I will check further see if I can confirm this. However, for me this is not an issue since I would rather be limited to recording 2 timers as long as they can be 2 OTA HD, 2 satellite HD, or one of each than be able to record 3 or more HD programs but limited to only one OTA HD.

rtperryal1 said:
However, for me this is not an issue since I would rather be limited to recording 2 timers as long as they can be 2 OTA HD, 2 satellite HD, or one of each than be able to record 3 or more HD programs but limited to only one OTA HD.

This is why HD LiL over satellite is so important. San Antonio #37 on the list for me.

destrada said:
This is why HD LiL over satellite is so important. San Antonio #37 on the list for me.

destrada, as I questioned before (see 1-26-2006) aren't all HD over satellite, including MPEG-4, compressed to some degree so OTA will always transmit a clearer signal/picture? I've read where some could see the difference in the PQ between the two (I'm not sure I can clearly state that I can see a difference, probably because I have a rear projection TV). Can you see any difference?

rtperryal1 said:
destrada, as I questioned before (see 1-26-2006) aren't all HD over satellite, including MPEG-4, compressed to some degree so OTA will always transmit a clearer signal/picture? I've read where some could see the difference in the PQ between the two (I'm not sure I can clearly state that I can see a difference, probably because I have a rear projection TV). Can you see any difference?

Don't have HD over satellite yet so I can't compare. I too have a RPTV but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. If you mean the CBS-HD feed from Dish I don't qualify for that either but I did hear the resolution for that channel was reduced to 1440X1080. Like I said I don't have anything to compare.

Vip 222

I'm now just a bit confused. I emailed Dish to ask the availability date
for the vip 222 and received the following:

"Mr. Jacobson,
There are currently no plans for a model 222. Stayed tuned to channel
101 or log onto our website at www.dishnetwork.com for updates.

Kendra
Technical Support
Dish Network

Anyone know the definitive answer?

Bob

rjacobson said:
I'm now just a bit confused. I emailed Dish to ask the availability date
for the vip 222 and received the following:

"Mr. Jacobson,
There are currently no plans for a model 222. Stayed tuned to channel
101 or log onto our website at www.dishnetwork.com for updates.

Kendra
Technical Support
Dish Network

Anyone know the definitive answer?

Bob

Good lord, you had to fudge that email.

onsiteSat said:
Ive heard the relase date for the 222 should be sometime this June or July.

Ok I am really confused. After a year with Comcast (dish buybak program following the demise of Voom). I have decided to go to Dishnetwork with the HD Platinum package. I have an installation date set for the 11th of May. Here's my point of confusion: I could have sworn that in addition to getting the 622 at that time, I thought I was to receive the 222 for upstairs. I have even been charged $299 for the opportunity to rent the 622 and like $49.99 to rent the 222 (I think). Was I mistaken? Am I getting another HD box (not the 222) on May 11th? Also how does the 622 compare to the Motorola DCT-6412 DVR used by Comcast in my area (Baltimore, MD)? Thanks
Wayne

211 vs the 222

Thanks for the info tawhite! I must admit that a year with Comcast (after 3 years with Directv and 1 and a half months with Voom ) has left me clueless of satellite hardware. So Dish is actually simultaneously broadcasting MPEG-2 (211) and MPEG-4 (622)?
Wayne

QUOTE=tawhite]That would be the 211 you would be getting as the 222 has not been released yet.[/QUOTE]

Wayne88 said:
Thanks for the info tawhite! I must admit that a year with Comcast (after 3 years with Directv and 1 and a half months with Voom ) has left me clueless of satellite hardware. So Dish is actually simultaneously broadcasting MPEG-2 (211) and MPEG-4 (622)?
Wayne

QUOTE=tawhite]That would be the 211 you would be getting as the 222 has not been released yet.
[/QUOTE]

Dish is broadcasting both MPEG-2 and 4 at the current time. The 211 is an MPEG-4 cabable receiver though.

No fudging involved...just the straight and obviously wrong info from the horse's mouth. In all fairness, after replying to Dish's email with a copy of the specs for the vip222 which I dl'd from this forum I got a reply admitting the mistake. Still, they couldn't tell me when the 222 will be available. Think I'll just wait them out.

Bob

Last edited:
One quick question (I am sure someone had asked before), does 622 come with the HDMI cable as 942?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)