Quick question on SiriusXM music channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doc000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Texas
I'll often put on one of the music channels to listen to in the background while I'm doing other things. SiriusXM lists channel 41 as Turbo (90's and 00's hard rock), but Dish still seems to have the old Faction (punk) feed on that channel.

Mistake or intended? Not a big deal, though I'd prefer to have the hard rock rather than punk. :)

Side note: noticed on the Jeep radio today that ClassicVinyl changed to the Eagles channel and DeepTracks changed to Led Zeppelin channel. I’m in heaven!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
I’d rather listen to SiriusXM on one of my Onyx Pluses (one for my home and one for my car) or on the app. I really don’t care to listen to it on my Hopper 3. If I could get rid of it from my current package, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Turbo is a relatively newer channel that replaced Faction on Ch 41. We asked about why Turbo wasn't on the Hopper a few years ago and we were told the Hopper on has the permanent core channels and that Turbo at the time wasn't considered permanent. Maybe it's still not, like the Tom Petty Channel - which is also not on the Hopper.

I’d rather listen to SiriusXM on one of my Onyx Pluses (one for my home and one for my car) or on the app. I really don’t care to listen to it on my Hopper 3. If I could get rid of it from my current package, I would.

You do realize it's free, right?

Reactions: lfp302
Then why if I went the Flex Pack route I’d have to pay extra for the SiriusXM channels? (Note: I’m not being rude but simply asking a question.)

Because the Flex Pack is a scaled-back package of channels

Side note: noticed on the Jeep radio today that ClassicVinyl changed to the Eagles channel and DeepTracks changed to Led Zeppelin channel. I’m in heaven!!

Did they ever put the Rush channel on the air, or is it still just streaming?

Did they ever put the Rush channel on the air, or is it still just streaming?
There's a Rush Channel? Other than the few days they did a Rush on Air channel after Neil died, I never knew that. I really need to explore the app more since they've added so many new channels

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
There's a Rush Channel? Other than the few days they did a Rush on Air channel after Neil died, I never knew that. I really need to explore the app more since they've added so many new channels
:happydance

rockernavy800_1024x1024.png

I remember reading something about a streaming-only channel when the on-air tribute was winding down, but I don't know if it was meant to be permanent. I'm not a subscriber.

Turbo is a relatively newer channel that replaced Faction on Ch 41. We asked about why Turbo wasn't on the Hopper a few years ago and we were told the Hopper on has the permanent core channels and that Turbo at the time wasn't considered permanent. Maybe it's still not, like the Tom Petty Channel - which is also not on the Hopper.

Thanks for the reply. I think they made the switch permanent a couple of years ago...I would think that would be enough time for Dish to make the change on their feed. Apparently, I'm wrong. :)

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the reply. I think they made the switch permanent a couple of years ago...I would think that would be enough time for Dish to make the change on their feed. Apparently, I'm wrong. :)
Unless the programmers at Dish are sick of listening to Tool and Rage Against the Machine like I am on that station lol,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)