Quick Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
I found this on Craigslist today is about 1:30min from my house . Looking for some advise is this a good deal?? worth the drive/money?
Thanks

Pansat 9000 HD and Pansat 6000 HXC
comes with both remotes.
Hard drive onthe Pansat 6000 is no longer working and is unable to record. It will however still recieve signal and display.
Pick up only-cash only
$50.00

i think it would depend on what kind of vehicle you drive....with the price of gas these days a 90 min trip can cost a fortune!....LOL

Thanks Mikey that is why I asked is 1:30min one way and I drive 1991 dodge dakota with the 318ci soooo is a bread box with a lot of power

I do have a fortec lifetime classic works very well had it for years just looking to get something that does HD and cheap:)

I do have a fortec lifetime classic works very well had it for years just looking to get something that does HD and cheap:)

For a little over a hundred you could have a brand new Openbox S9 or 10 delivered to your door....and it will do DVB-S2, as well as HD. If you are Ku-only S2 may not be that big a deal to you, lots of S2 on C-band though.

Pansat 9000 HD and Pansat 6000 HXC
comes with both remotes.
Hard drive onthe Pansat 6000 is no longer working and is unable to record. It will however still recieve signal and display.
Pick up only-cash only
$50.00

eh as noted the Pansat 9000 has no blind scan but it can do S2 and OTA so thats a plus
The 6000 has two tuners in it so you can record 2 programs at once. The drive is a 2 1/2" drive if I remember right and folks did add larger drives than the 80gb that was in it. But the 6000 did have some glitches...mainly st-st-stuttering on some channels. The workaround was to back up 10 seconds then it seemed to play right. I had one when they first came out (paid a sh*tload of money for it...like 350 bucks if I remember right) and the glitches made me get rid of it

Thanks phlatwound and Iceberg . As mention above by phlat I could get the S9 or S10 and I am still on the look out for a dish that I can use for C-band. I do have a little bit of a personal dislike anymore for the new brands of receivers that are affordable I guess I have been spoiled by my fortec had it for many years no problems . Now days all I read about the new brands is having to updated this "fix" and that. I guess is because they are fairly new in the market. I can only image getting something go wrong during one of the "fixes" and getting the receiver to become a brick. Probably if I would order a new one first thing I have to do is go and load some "fix". I have my a feeling the sellers are not updating to the most stable "fix"

Status
Please reply by conversation.