Quick Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I hope someone can give me a simple answer, as im not a genius when it comes to this stuff. I have a 1 room D* install, and when they came out it was/is one line right tothe box. If i want to add a box how would I go about that? Could I split off that line or would they have to run a new line for me? or do I need a switch?

You need a second line from the dish to the new box - two lines if it is a DVR. There is no way to split a DirecTV line.

Man I was afraid of that. So this TIVO I want to buy would be useless unless I paid them to come run another line then..Hmmm why do they not allow for a switch? That is stupid.

You should call them and tell them you want to add a DVR and you may get it free. And they will come and install it. Or look online and see what offers are there for you it may be right there to order.

you can use a switch but the switces come in like 2 in 4 out or 4 in 8 out, so youll need 2 lines from dish to switch i believe

What type of dish do you have? If it's a single round dish you need to bring two lines into a 2x4 (or more) multiswitch. If its the 3-lnb dish you need to bring all four lines into a 4x8 multiswitch.

Time to upgrade

Hate to say it but if you are only using one LMB dish you are not getting a third of what is up there and if you are going to be paying the monthly fee I would up grade You should be able to get at least hd two receivers and one of them could be hd receiver with a DVR for free and the install too. If you do not want the extra cost of a DVR you can have the second receiver hooked up to a computer and use it as your DVR. or to DVD recorder. H20 can be program to change to different channels at different times of the day. One LMBs are good for tail gate parties or RVs but even RV people are starting to use the 3 LMBs or 5 LMBs Get the HD tuners even if you do not have the TV yet because it will not be long before you will have to have HD receive to use an old TV. The one thing that nice about the HD 20 is it has a local air to air HD tuner built in so if you are where there is a lot of local channel you be surprised how much better they look.

Hate to say it but if you are only using one LMB dish you are not getting a third of what is up there

One LMBs are good for tail gate parties or RVs but even RV people are starting to use the 3 LMBs or 5 LMBs .

I must say I disagree.

Also if your going to try and tell somebody how great something is; get it right it is LNB nor LMB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts