Quick Review: Vantage 1100S HD FTA Receiver

Wildboys-
If you have a second receiver with Dolby pass through to use for sound, in the Vantage you can set the Audio PID to 8190 and video should be fine. Not the best solution, but not the worst either.
I only have the 1100, so it may not work for the 8000, but worth a try.
I record a lot of fta feeds to the vantage hardrive and you cannot get them to playback without video stutter on the highbitrate feeds.I do not have the stutter problem while watching the feeds live.All of the old vantage firmware will play high bitrate feeds without any problems but if you record the highbitrate feeds they will not playback without video stutter.They are aware of the problem.I sent them several 300mb recorded files for them to test over the last year.They keep telling me they are working on the problem.

Recording is different. It seems like the only receiver capable of High Bit Rate recording in the Pansat 9200 with eSATA connection / drive.
What about DVB-S2 recordings? Have you tried recording one of the basketball feeds and playing back on PC, just to see if it stutters. Or is it only the DVB-s "29270" feeds?

Recording is different. It seems like the only receiver capable of High Bit Rate recording in the Pansat 9200 with eSATA connection / drive.
What about DVB-S2 recordings? Have you tried recording one of the basketball feeds and playing back on PC, just to see if it stutters. Or is it only the DVB-s "29270" feeds?
The DVB-S2 feeds record and playback find without stutter.I am using
an internal hardrive not usb so that's not the problem.I am pretty sure it is a software issue.Any feed over 35mbps or higher will not record without stutter.I can watch any feeds regardless of the bitrate without any video stutter with the old vantage software version 2.2.1 or below.All the software upgrades after version 2.2.1 will not let you even watch highbitrate feeds without video stutter.All of the software version 2.2.1 and below play these feeds without problems.They are up
to software version 2.47 on the vantage 8000 hd and it will not play highrate bitrate
feeds but version 2.21 or below will play them without any problem.

Have you tried recording with the Audio PID set to 8190?
I have not tried with the audio pid at 8190.The audio
plays fine with the scanned pids when watching but when you record and playback the file it stutter on the vantage box and also stutters if you transfer files to your pc.

One important thing that has not been mentioned on this receiver. It has no serial port, RS232 connection. There is also no force load procedure, via the usb, to date from Vantage to un brick this receiver if you happen to lock it in "boot " mode. I have sent Vantage numerous request and various samples of force load procedures from different manufactures but to date have gotten no response. This means a trip back to the manufactures or if lucky the supplier if he has been given the info.

I have been using the Vantage receivers for over a year and locked two to date. My foolishness by experimenting with file releases and channel editors to try to correct some of the bugs. The 1100 is a good receiver and with the stutter issue corrected has the potential to be a great little unit probably untouched dollar for dollar.

One important thing that has not been mentioned on this receiver. It has no serial port, RS232 connection. There is also no force load procedure, via the usb, to date from Vantage to un brick this receiver if you happen to lock it in "boot " mode. I have sent Vantage numerous request and various samples of force load procedures from different manufactures but to date have gotten no response. This means a trip back to the manufactures or if lucky the supplier if he has been given the info.

I have been using the Vantage receivers for over a year and locked two to date. My foolishness by experimenting with file releases and channel editors to try to correct some of the bugs. The 1100 is a good receiver and with the stutter issue corrected has the potential to be a great little unit probably untouched dollar for dollar.

The dealer that sells them in the US has the means to unbrick a Vantage 1100s, he confirmed this to me on the phone. There is a way to do it, its over my head, but he sells them and can now jtag them. He stated to me that he wanted to be able to service what he sells, an admirable trait in my eyes, FWIW. :up

Excellent to see them available in the US now with a supplier that stands behind them. Sure beats dealing with the Euro sites.

The DVB-S2 feeds record and playback find without stutter.I am using
an internal hardrive not usb so that's not the problem.I am pretty sure it is a software issue.Any feed over 35mbps or higher will not record without stutter.I can watch any feeds regardless of the bitrate without any video stutter with the old vantage software version 2.2.1 or below.All the software upgrades after version 2.2.1 will not let you even watch highbitrate feeds without video stutter.All of the software version 2.2.1 and below play these feeds without problems.They are up
to software version 2.47 on the vantage 8000 hd and it will not play highrate bitrate
feeds but version 2.21 or below will play them without any problem.

Curious if this has been corrected yet.

Stogie, have you been able to blind scan any low symbol rate DVB-S2 transponders? (What is the lowest symbol rate you have been able to scan in?)

The specs says: DVB-S2: 10-31 MS / s , (but 10 MS/s seems too high for the starting range)

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts