R15 dvr functionality busted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonifacio

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
My unit is approximately 8 mos. old. Yesterday after a reset all I've got is a blank screen. Many times I tried with the same result. Called Tech Support and they suggested a hard drive reformat. I don't want to but it seems its my only recourse. Good thing only the kids are using this unit with most shows recorded from Cartoon Network. I personally used a standalone Tivo unit on my living room.

So after the reformat the unit seems to be functioning normally, well not quite. I totally lost all my DVR functionality, it can't record nor pause. Tried it both with the remote and the receiver button itself.

Today I reported the problem and they told me that they will send a replacement unit. Asked them if an R10 model is available but they don't sell it anymore. I'm gonna give this replacement R15 a second chance. Otherwise it will be an R10 for me from now on.

I should receive the replacement R15 by mid week. I will be charge $20 for S&H.

uncanny

Mine is also 8 months old and I have the EXACT same problem except when i reset it repeatedly reboots until i format. My problem happened on the 2nd. Am i going to have to buy another one or will they replace it?

superdavarfcom said:
Mine is also 8 months old and I have the EXACT same problem except when i reset it repeatedly reboots until i format. My problem happened on the 2nd. Am i going to have to buy another one or will they replace it?
Call tech support, they should take care of you.:)

When you lost DVR functionallity...
Whre you getting a message stating that DVR service hadn't been activated?

Occasionally after a reboot, the unit doesn't recognize that it is activated as a DVR. And a 2nd reboot usually corrects that... or DirecTV needs to resend down the activation string.

ebonovic said:
When you lost DVR functionallity...
Whre you getting a message stating that DVR service hadn't been activated?No

Occasionally after a reboot, the unit doesn't recognize that it is activated as a DVR. And a 2nd reboot usually corrects that... or DirecTV needs to resend down the activation string.I've rebooted and reformatted many times with no luck

Will they replace it even though it has no warranty? When i bought it the agreement said 90 day warranty, it's been 8 months.

I was told that R15 are lease, so they will be replace if they are broke. You only need to pay S&H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)