R22 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I got my R22 today and so far its a kick ass receiver but there a couple speedbumps i need help with.

1. My tv has componet, composite but no svideo, componet is a much cleaner picture then composite, however my tv does 480i composite not 480p, so it will just make a fuzzy screen when I try to hook it up, I looked in the book, but I couldnt find anything how to change the res.
2. I have owned 3 dvrs in my life, a directivo series 1 and series 2 and my new R22 why do channels change sooooo slowly on DVR's?

I got my R22 today and so far its a kick ass receiver but there a couple speedbumps i need help with.

1. My tv has componet, composite but no svideo, componet is a much cleaner picture then composite, however my tv does 480i composite not 480p, so it will just make a fuzzy screen when I try to hook it up, I looked in the book, but I couldnt find anything how to change the res.
2. I have owned 3 dvrs in my life, a directivo series 1 and series 2 and my new R22 why do channels change sooooo slowly on DVR's?

You can't change the resolutions it's locked on 480p in the front.The R22 is 480p w/HDMI and Component,480i with S-Video and Composite.

If you reformat the hard drive your speed should improve.To reformat do a Menu Reset Everything/when the lights on the box go out you want to press the Record button and Down Arrow until the Record light comes on then release/Look at the TV screen it should say Reformatting Hard Drive/Then you will need to resetup the R22/also you will lose all recordings and settings.Good Luck!

Channel changes should take around 2 seconds.

Last edited:
You can't change the resolutions it's locked on 480p in the front.The R22 is 480p w/HDMI and Component,480i with S-Video and Composite.

If you reformat the hard drive your speed should improve.To reformat do a Menu Reset Everything/when the lights on the box go out you want to press the Record button and Down Arrow until the Record light comes on then release/Look at the TV screen it should say Reformatting Hard Drive/Then you will need to resetup the R22/also you will lose all recordings and settings.Good Luck!

Channel changes should take around 2 seconds.
Why are channel changes take that long? there in a blink of an eye on a d12

Why are channel changes take that long? there in a blink of an eye on a d12

#1 the R22 is still new,it is being worked on but never compare the R22 to the D12 they are two different animals.D12/MPEG2 standard receiver.R22 SD DVR/MPEG2/MPEG4/dual tuners/capable of mediashare/VOD/200 hour recording/built in RF antenna/RF capable.Maybe it's because the R22 has so much more in it to think about?.;)

#1 the R22 is still new,it is being worked on but never compare the R22 to the D12 they are two different animals.D12/MPEG2 standard receiver.R22 SD DVR/MPEG2/MPEG4/dual tuners/capable of mediashare/VOD/200 hour recording/built in RF antenna/RF capable.Maybe it's because the R22 has so much more in it to think about?.;)

I also want to add that anyone who reads this and is very tired of the R15/16 to consider the R22.I run one myself and am very pleased with this DVR.I would also like to add the R22 has in the guide First Air Date also can do 30 second skip.It does have a single 90 minute live buffer.The R22 also receives updates with DirecTV's HRs.

So in my opinion I agree with the OP this is a Kick A$$ DirecTV DVR.;):D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)