R22 occasional loss of signal on tuner 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My neighbor asked my about his R22. It is having a loss of signal on tuner2. The loss of signal happens randomly and if he changes the channel it will stop. One day it will occur on odd channels and the next day even. It also does not occur consistently. He says that some days he has no problems at all. He has the receiver on a dual lnb round dish with the 2 lines running to this receiver.I was thinking that it might be the cables or the lnb.
Might be time for an upgrade but he owns his business and it would be hard for him to close up to meet a tech. BTW it started after the last software upgrade. He said it started after he got the message that his dvr was upgraded to the latest software.
Thanks for any input

Not tht this is much help, but prior to my latest ce update. I did notice once, the 771-2 but it was also raining, i thought it was a storm coming, but my hr24 in the living room was on fine, when i went bck to my bedroom, it was working again... Not sure if this is relavent or not.

Friday night he called me to tell me that it was showing a blank screen when he tried to play back a recording and would freeze when trying to ff or rewind. I got him to uplug for awhile and reset it. It seems to be working fine so far.

I've got 2 R22's and once in a while it does freeze when playing back a program at the beginning. A quick ff fixes it ;)

There is an issue with the cable attached to tuner 2. Make sure all connections are good at back of the R22, multiswitch and dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)