RADAR's sentimental moment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
This is truly a wonderful site and I love all the things we do in playing with satellites and motors, LNBFs, switches and receivers. But, sometimes I have to step back and enjoy what life has provided to me.

One of the most inspirational things in my own life is music. I like good music, music with quality and meaning. Most often, to me, this means ballads.

I just wished to share one with you. This man was a great inspiration for so many aspects in my life. He was a good man regardless of any faults that he may have had. We all have frailties. I met him in person, in the most oddest of circumstances, leaving the men's bathroom in an aviation repair hangar! :)

It was a moment when a person doesn't expect to see someone famous and not the most classy setting. I was caught off my gaurd and could only muster a "Hello John".

I honestly didn't even realize it at first, but he was so familiar to me at the time that I had walked quite a distance away before it really struck me and I had to look back over my shoulder and watch him walk away as I thought to myself... Dang! That was John Denver! I said Hello John to John Denver and he said Hi to me like we had both known eachother all along. You know, the way you say hello to your co-worker when you meet him in the hardware store... "Hey Joe" / ""Hey Bob"! You understand the point.

Now, he passed away in an AC accident in 97 and that was about the time that Princess Di passed away, too. People made a really big deal about Princess Di, but the passing of John Denver was, in my opinion, overlooked. He was such a hero to me that I thought his life's work should have been more important.

I admit, I had tears.

I heard one of his songs tonight on the Bluegrass channel on 97.0'W and not only did it bring that tear back to my eye, but it made me smile because I knew that his personality and his charisma and zest for life was still alive in his songs and within my heart!

John Denver, I miss you. Salute!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl7aM3nCqC0]YouTube - Calypso[/ame]

RADAR

Ac, Yep I remember seeing him in concert in the 70's here in Cincinnati. Probably have 4 or 5 albums of him in the garage somewhere too. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)