Radio Community on AMC-8?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
dfergie's sticky FAQ here has a post from PSB that talks about there being an American "radio community" on AMC-8, but looking at the lyngsat chart for AMC8, I don't see much there, and I couldn't find it with my DSR-922. But then lyngsat only shows DVB encoding on AMC-8. Are there a bunch of radio stations on DVB on AMC-8? I don't yet have a DVB receiver. most of the radio stations I can find are on X4 and a handful on a few other sats (G5, G4, C3, T7, etc.). Just wondering if I am missing out on a lot of other radio stations.

Thanks!

Last edited:
They are listed on Lyngsat. Look for the ones with FM after the call letters.

Many national radio programs are distributed via AMC 8 using Starguide receivers. The signals are not compatible with dvb receivers and are encrypted. The Alaska channels listed on Lyngsat are spot beamed to Alaska. Unless you live in Washington, Oregon, or Northern California, you probably won't be able to receive them.

trscott said:
dfergie's sticky FAQ here has a post from PSB that talks about there being an American "radio community" on AMC-8, but looking at the lyngsat chart for AMC8, I don't see much there, and I couldn't find it with my DSR-922. But then lyngsat only shows DVB encoding on AMC-8. Are there a bunch of radio stations on DVB on AMC-8? I don't yet have a DVB receiver. most of the radio stations I can find are on X4 and a handful on a few other sats (G5, G4, C3, T7, etc.). Just wondering if I am missing out on a lot of other radio stations.

Thanks!

A lot of the syndicated talk (Premere, Clear Channel, Jones, ABC Radio Networks, etc) and satellite fed music networks (ABC, Westwood one etc) is on AMC8 , but as said you need a "authorized Starguide III receiver" to receive this and those are not obtainable unless your an terrestiral station going into an agreement to "Carry" the programming.

Billion here

I do get some radio networks on AMC-8 with a S.C.P.C receiver. Genesis

Communications Network is one that i get. Tuning info - AMC - 8 at 139

degrees west, transponder 3 (narrow band), 7.5 khz, 2:1 companding,

0 de-emphasis frequency 76.2. and a few other networks to boot.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)