Rain Fade buster for ExpressVU

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kryspy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Here is a setup a guy did up here in Canada using a 75cm Starchoice dish, Directv LNB and a Triax LNB holder to compensate for rain fade.

Starchoice uses this dish from Channelmaster and the LNB holders from Triax

Here is a photo of his set up:

Kryspy

I just placed an order for a 24" dish...right now I'm using a 20" and rain fade has been really bad this year in the Southern Province of MN :D

Iceberg,

Funny thing is I posted this just for you. I saw your post over at KUsat but was too lazy to sign up to post this :)

Kryspy

Yep, thats me :)

I've had EVu for over a year now, and up until April this year I had 2 outages (one for heavy wet snow on the dish and one when EVu's uplink area had a storm)

Since April, I have had 3 outages (for 5 minutes or longer) and probably 1/2 dozen rain fade (the quick "your signal has been lost"). I thought about a 30" (moving one of my 30's over for that) but I decided on a 24. Hopefully that will help :)

Most any dish that can grab the lnbf around the throat can be used. This will not work for two or three lnbf feeds like dish 500 but works great for Single lnb Expressview or DirecTv. We now have an apaptor that allows for the addition of a second lnbf on our Hotdish 0.75 meter dishes. I have sold lots of hotdish and Winegard dishes for DirecTV. They definately help although they will NOT overcome the laws of Physics. You will not be able to shoot through a big tree, dignal will not go through leaves, or a very heavy rain. IT will help in the rain or in situations where the dish may be partly blocked. Check my web site.

Tom Taylor said:
Most any dish that can grab the lnbf around the throat can be used. This will not work for two or three lnbf feeds like dish 500 but works great for Single lnb Expressview or DirecTv. We now have an apaptor that allows for the addition of a second lnbf on our Hotdish 0.75 meter dishes. I have sold lots of hotdish and Winegard dishes for DirecTV. They definately help although they will NOT overcome the laws of Physics. You will not be able to shoot through a big tree, dignal will not go through leaves, or a very heavy rain. IT will help in the rain or in situations where the dish may be partly blocked. Check my web site.

Since my skew is 0 (or 90 if using the dish) All I'll do is one of two things depending on how the dish is setup
-if it accepts a "D" LNBF (like the old Dish 300)...couple of wood shims and a clamp and it will work (thats how I have a 119 LNBF attached to my Dish at G10 (123)
-if it accepts a rectangle one....hopefully wedge the "Y" into it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts