Rain Fade in Effect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think TVRO wouldn't complain as much if he would have just signed up for HD instead of SD. I know if i only got SD with charlie. I would be "hating" life about now! What was he thinking?:D

I think TVRO wouldn't complain as much if he would have just signed up for HD instead of SD. I know if i only got SD with charlie. I would be "hating" life about now! What was he thinking?:D

Lets see... Direct's HD is on ka band. 18 ghz, 3 times more attenuation to rain then DSS ku 12 gig. Plus higher BER due to the modulation used for HD when anything isn't right. Get the picture ;) I wouldn't.:eek: It's a no win situation. One of my friends friend canned pizza years ago in town here because he had nothing but signal issues like I am. I should have took that in to consideration before I ordered.

Last edited:
Ya, but at least it would look good when it did come in! Right now, you have a crappy picture whether it comes in or not.:D

Ya but Direct don't have auto pay access to my CC or paying $10.00 extra a month without it. All the frills HD, DVR. MRV, extra high tier packs etc add up. A c note a month for tv I think not. On top of that most of the stuff I watch only has SD channels, so why get something your not going to watch anyway?

Ya but Direct don't have auto pay access to my CC or paying $10.00 extra a month without it. All the frills HD, DVR. MRV, extra high tier packs etc add up. A c note a month for tv I think not. On top of that most of the stuff I watch only has SD channels, so why get something your not going to watch anyway?

What's 10 dollars? Really, 2.5 gallons of gas?:D

I maybe dead in 5 years! Then what?:D

Then you can be put to rest holding your dtv remote LOL!!!

Yes i think if your a new customer you get hd free!!!!

Nothing is free. They just slowly raised the price over the last two years so everybody is paying for hd, whether you have it or not. And who says hd has to even cost extra to ship it to your TV?

Serious, Does Directv even charge extra for HD now?

if you have auto pay they do not. They still charge if you do not want auto pay.
Dish is the same way. But they require auto pay and paperless bill (or pay a one time $99 fee)

if you have auto pay they do not. They still charge if you do not want auto pay.
Dish is the same way. But they require auto pay and paperless bill (or pay a one time $99 fee)

Oh ok, thats what TVRO was talking about when he said, "Ya but Direct don't have auto pay access to my CC or paying $10.00 extra a month without it"! Like they would steal his money if they had his CC or something?.:D

Oh ok, thats what TVRO was talking about when he said, "Ya but Direct don't have auto pay access to my CC or paying $10.00 extra a month without it"! Like they would steal his money if they had his CC or something?.:D

When you give a credit or debit card # for autopay or whatever that they keep on file they can do whatever they want. Read about it on the net how DirecTV and Dish network has charged peoples cards for no reason. I work hard for my money and like to keep it in my pocket until I give it away for something, not because they decided they want to charge you even if in error.

...Dish is the same way. But they require auto pay and paperless bill (or pay a one time $99 fee)

You're right about that. I paid the $99 to avoid a 2 year contract. Even though I also have auto pay & paperless, only the $99 was required to avoid a 2 year contract. I could've paid the $99, paid by check, and still not had a contract. But auto pay is just too easy.

Besides, I didn't wanna get cut off because I forgot to pay on time. Then I'd have to pay the $99 all over again... as well as the $40 EHD fee. One little lapse in my routine could cost me $139. That's why I elected for auto pay & paperless. I elected to pay the $99 HD fee just because I'm too stubborn to cave on having a contract. Dish didn't mind... they took the money. :)

Cheers

When you give a credit or debit card # for autopay or whatever that they keep on file they can do whatever they want. Read about it on the net how DirecTV and Dish network has charged peoples cards for no reason. I work hard for my money and like to keep it in my pocket until I give it away for something, not because they decided they want to charge you even if in error.

That happening is probally as "rare as getting struck by lightning!" :D

A few years ago replaced C band LNB struck by lightning. Have replace Direct TV single LNB's just died no reason. If you do not know cable co's went back to "C" band for reliability. Get little rain fading in Calif. Have had temperature inversions block 36" KU dish at times. Bigger dish will reduce problem on KU and above.

It is the band not the dish size, why do y'all think HITS moved back to C from Ku? Too many cable companies were getting rain fade.

It is the band not the dish size, why do y'all think HITS moved back to C from Ku? Too many cable companies were getting rain fade.

This is a fact although I ran HITS on X4 ku (same dish 90cm Primestar) and did not experience the severity I do with DBS. Direct is much worse. G-16 99w ran 100 wattts and 101w D8/D9 runs 200 watts that should be a 3 db improvement or doubling your signal with the wattage alone. Maybe the circular polarity gets affected more than linear. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)