Rain Shield (Rain fade solution)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This question seems like when 50 years ago, peoples never think the air plane can fly with the sound speed or in next 50 years, the plane can fly at light speed.

I don't have problem with thick cloud on the way with my DTV dish but with the pouring rain, first 110, next 119, then 101.

i said in another post, if i go back to dish or direct, i will pick up a bottle. this looks like a great product.

I have seen the demo today at the satellite expo. The product is sprayed over the dish surface and LNBF plastic cover. It makes water bead up and roll off the surface. But just like a good wax job on your car, this coating wears off over time. When this happens, you will need to treat the surfaces again.

It did make a difference based on the demos I have seen. If you are in an area of constant rain fade, this product will be helpful. I would also recommend you get a bigger dish.

Since I have not used the product myself, I can't verify all the claims and drawbacks. However, from what I have seen, I would give it 8 out of 10 stars and a thumbs up.

I'll just echo what's been said here... solely as an observation.

I'm a relative newbie to satellites... just 11 years. No certifications or other yada, yada, yada, just 11 years of daily observations.

In that period of time, I've never lost signal while it was actually raining. And it does rain here, quite often.

I'm not knocking the product, the reviewer, or the review. Im simply stating that in 11 years, I personally have never encountered the need for such a product and as such, am somewhat dubious of it.

Fact: I have 109 percent on 119 and 94 percent on 110.

I get rain fade, but it may not be raining on us, but just south of us.

I doesn't happen very often.

Snow can accumulate on the dish and affect the signal, I have had to go out and brush it off before.

I do not think rain laying on a tilted dish has anything to do with rain fade. At least not in my area.

Whoever thought of this stuff is laughing all the way to the bank.

Hard to see why all the debate over this. :confused:

If you go on the web site of the outfit that makes this they state clearly that rain fade is primarily caused by rain in the atmosphere blocking the signal. A contributing factor (though admittedly to a lesser degree) is moisture on the dish. This product used correctly would prevent moisture on the dish itself. Where I live it would be well worth it just to keep snow and ice off which completely blocks the signal several times per season.

So if you need it-buy it. If you don't-don't. :D

If this stuff did work for snow, I would think you would want to cover your car with it. If it does work for snow there would be a much bigger market for it, rather than just sat dishes.

Yup I was a skeptic and made fun of the product too, and then I saw the product demo and the demo totally changed my mind.

Really if you get a chance to buy this product you should not think twice about it, get it.

Hey guys I'm not laughing. If it we see reports come back here in the winter concerning a good snow load. I will put it on my car. There is no bigger pain in the butt than having to take a foot of snow off the car in the morning before you have to go to work.

the rain ON the dish blocks the signal? hmmmmmm? I dunno, sometimes maybe I might think, I dunno , confusing..Maybe it is when raining so heavy that that little bit of rain on the dish could make it drop from a 50 to a 45 allowing pixeling and signal blockage...

You really need to see the demo. True this will do nothing to prevent rain fade in the atmosphere, but it will help the dish.

BTW they do not recommend putting this on the dish, only on the LNB dome. You should only put this on the dish if you in an area with snow and freezing rain as it keeps it from sticking to it. :)

Again I was a doubter, a HUGE doubter, but after the demo I was convinced. I should add that I have nothing to gain from saying this, I have no ties to the company nor do I sell any of their product.

All the installers who saw the demo in memphis walked away impressed just like I was. (There is actually a big discussion going on at DishRetailer.COM about this product)

OK Scott, that does explain of few things for me. When Pete first started this thread, he showed pics of this product on the dish itself. I think that is where the confusion may be coming from. A bottle would sure last a heck of a lot longer just doing the LNB than it would doing the whole dish too!

I have a can of King's Rain Shield in my hand right now, it should be used on the LNBF and DISH for the full effect.

1. Apply ONLY when the temperature is between 50 and 110F.

2. Clean the LNB lens and DISH with water(no soap) to remove all dirt.....

3. Thoroughly dry surfaces.......

4. Shake can for 10 seconds.

5. Spray the LNB lens.............. Spray the dish in the same manner.

Best to use it on both the LNBF and the dish as per the manufactures instructions for the best results.

Great stuff!

Iceberg said:
I am disappointed in everyone here. Pete does a review on a product and 99% of you respond by ridiculing the product.
-Does the product work? Yes
-Have I seen it in action? Yes
-Do I use it right now on my dish? Not yet, mainly because I am moving my stuff around.
-Are there other products that may work like it? Yes

-Do you need to ridicule the product by saying “well, a $3 jar of whatever works better”…
HELL NO

I have no problem with disapproving opinions, but this crap about basically lynching a review is going to stop.

I don’t allow it and neither should other staff members.

You are as big a fool as he is, It's no way in hell this is going to stop rain fade and I'll bet big money on that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts