Rainbow Filed form 10 yesterday....big news!

I think hes referring to the fact that a lot of cable compaines offer cbshd feed. I watched the superbowl in HD OTA and I know my PQ was far greater than cable or D*'s cbshd feed.

In the VOOM statement they said something about no terrestrial stations to be retransmitted by satellite. It would seem that they would be foolish not to carry at least the national HD feeds that are available on Dish and DirecTV. CBS-HD seems to be very important to alot of people, especially around football season. Since a large number of their potential subscribers would be elegible to receive it why would they not carry it?

Since a large number of their potential subscribers would be elegible to receive it why would they not carry it?
I think it starts getting into the same game as RSN's, you are hogging a lot of bandwidth for the benefit of a very few subscribers. Until they can afford to spend the bandwidth in this manner, IMHO, they stick to feeds that ALL subs can get.

dlsnyder said:
In the VOOM statement they said something about no terrestrial stations to be retransmitted by satellite. It would seem that they would be foolish not to carry at least the national HD feeds that are available on Dish and DirecTV. CBS-HD seems to be very important to alot of people, especially around football season. Since a large number of their potential subscribers would be elegible to receive it why would they not carry it?
Why carry something very few can get? Only those in O&O markets or with very poor reception could get it.

A lot of us O&O people could not get it either because we could get a grade B signal from another(I am in the Detroit area and Toledo would not grant any waivers for anyone).

Very exciting news!!! I wonder if the add'l hardware setup will require an additional LNB and multiswitch like DirecTV does for multisat reception.

Yes it would, just like Dish Network with their Dish 500 and SuperDish and DirecTv with their oval dish.

Stargazer said:
Yes it would, just like Dish Network with their Dish 500 and SuperDish and DirecTv with their oval dish.

Does this simply mean our STB would still only have one line plugged into it from the satellite ? Does the multiswitch combine the signals from the two satellites at the dish, and simply send one signal into our box ? In other words, our STB would be the same, correct ?

Lucky said:
Does this simply mean our STB would still only have one line plugged into it from the satellite ? Does the multiswitch combine the signals from the two satellites at the dish, and simply send one signal into our box ? In other words, our STB would be the same, correct ?

Yes, it will.

Any idea on the elevation. My installer couldn't get LOS above the trees to the Rainbow 1 satellite (19 elev.in Sacramento, CA.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts