Rainfade - worse on D* than whan I had E*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are there any low values on the sats?

You may also have moisture infiltration into connections that are exacerbating the problem.

On the full satellite breakdown I posted the lowest numbers. A majority of transponders hit 99-100. It's one of the reason that the rainfade is so frustrating because my numbers are higher than I had with E* so in theory it made no sense.

I've not lost a recording to rain fade here, but once, and it's the rainiest city in the country. I have about the same on SS, so I wonder if there is another factor.

Could it me a faulty sat tuner, regardless of SS?

Check any outside exposed connections for moisture infiltration.

There is only one outside connection (on the roof) before it comes down to the basement at the splitter... sadly I don't do the roof lol. If it is something that calling D* out to look at will fix I'll definitely do it... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something standard that happens a lot but with the good signal it makes it hard to figure out.

Check any outside exposed connections for moisture infiltration.

One of the reasons I took down an unconnected run a previous installer left open in the rain. I didn't want the chance of there being moisture in the line.

Hey Ducky, been a while! I have lost signal in very heavy rains for the last 15 years, several equipment changes with the times, no real change in frequency, i think we live with it and it really has not been a big issue, usually lasts a couple of minutes at most. Now to the point of my post. Can you do me a favor and go down to the Comcrap building and ask them politely,

FLYING J WANTS TO KNOW WHEN HE IS GETTING HIS FREAKIN CSN PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ducky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts