Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So what is the rule on Spring Training games on D*? I thought they were in the clear with the sports package. I didnt have it last year so I dont know

Yesterday there were 3 games on sports channels
Yankees game on YES...not blacked out
Mets game on SNY....blacked out
Colorado game on FSN RM....not blacked out

same with the "classics" games that were on this winter
Yankee ones were in the clear
Mets were blacked out
Orioles were blacked out
Rockies were in the clear
Reds were in the clear
Indians were blacked out

I left out the Twins ones as I am in the market

So what are the rules? Or is it up to each station?

The Mets game was a replay and I've noticed the few replays on RSNs I've checked have all been blacked out.

MLB blackout rules are pretty much a mess. Between regional magazine shows getting blacked out, some replays being blacked out while others are not (I'm currently getting blacked out for the replay on YES), "classic" games being blacked out for some teams and not for others who really knows?

true. :)

I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up to watch that Colorado/Arizona spring training game then ;)

sorry i open i new thread about this, but at 1 turn in to YES/SNY and shock to see the game a dumb MLB Spring Training games blacked out

the games on YES havent been blacked out for me
SNY has been

right now both the Dodgers and Angels games on FSN West and Prime Ticket are in the clear

the games on YES havent been blacked out for me
SNY has been

right now both the Dodgers and Angels games on FSN West and Prime Ticket are in the clear

last Saturday YES game wasn't blacked out for me. but today game was. its kinda weird

Just something to keep in mind, MLB Network is airing 83 spring training games, including several on tape delay later in the day (like tonight Tigers vs Phillies airing at 8pm, played at 1pm). I would not be suprised if some the of radom blackouts were due to MLB Network.

Live Games on MLB Network | MLB Network: TV Schedule

To give you an idea, MLB.TV advertised 150 spring training games, and they get all broadcasts from all the team's networks. That would indicate MLB Net will air over half of them :)

I really don't like the "new" blackouts for spring training and they don't make any sense at all. I'm currently getting the Yankees and Red Sox on both MLB Network and YES Network but not on NESN. I don't live in either team's territory. If MLB Network had exclusive national broadcast rights I shouldn't get the game on YES. Silly...

All the preseaon gaames on sportspack seem to be in the clear today? Watching sox/mets right now

today all 3 games on the sports package are not blacked out

Yankees on YES
Mets on SNY
Reds/Brewers on FSN Cincy/FSN Wisco

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts