Random Sport's Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
1. If you grew up in LA why would one chose to be a Clippers fan?

2. Why are there so many Steelers fan around the Great Lakes area, yet so few Pirates fans?

3. If college basketball didn't have march madness would it basically be as popular as college baseball?

4. What's more popular........ the NHL in Canada or the NFL in the U.S. ?

5. Distractions aside, who would you take on your team during a World Series? A-Rod or Manny, (both in their prime)?

6. Why are the penalties so light for fighting in Hockey? In any other sport, you'd be ejected, monetary penalties would be assessed and suspensions would be at stake.

7. What makes you a professional fisherman?

8. Are volleyball and tennis the only sport where hitting it into the net is a bad thing?

9. Why are there 2 college universities within 8 miles of each other in Durham, North Carolina? Isn't that a bit close?

10. Of all of the individual sports rivalries, who would be the greatest: Wilt vs. Russell? Ali vs. Frazier? Jack vs. Arnold? Or someone else?

Only if sadomachism is your thing! :eek:

2. Why are there so many Steelers fan around the Great Lakes area, yet so few Pirates fans?

One team is a winner and the other isn't?

3. If college basketball didn't have march madness would it basically be as popular as college baseball?

It would still be more popular than baseball, only because of the NBA Draft. It takes even the best college baseball players (there are exceptions) a long time to make it to the Major Leagues

VERY good question. I'll say NFL in the U.S, because well, I'm in the U.S. ;)

5. Distractions aside, who would you take on your team during a World Series? A-Rod or Manny, (both in their prime)?

Manny without a doubt.

6. Why are the penalties so light for fighting in Hockey? In any other sport, you'd be ejected, monetary penalties would be assessed and suspensions would be at stake.

I've always wondered the same thing. The only answer I could ever come up with is fighting actually helps the popularity of hockey.

You fish better than me! :D

8. Are volleyball and tennis the only sport where hitting it into the net is a bad thing?

LOL, good point.

9. Why are there 2 college universities within 8 miles of each other in Durham, North Carolina? Isn't that a bit close?

That's prevalent all over the place in Boston.

10. Of all of the individual sports rivalries, who would be the greatest: Wilt vs. Russell? Ali vs. Frazier? Jack vs. Arnold? Or someone else?

Growing up for me it was Bird vs. Magic. It was unreal how those guys wanted to top each other, but yet off the court they were best friends.

No. College basketball is much bigger than college baseball. If there were no March Madness basketball wouldn't be as popular as it currently is, but it would still be big. College football has a bogus postseason but that doesn't stop people from caring. The only thing that would be different is we'd have no reason to care about potential cinderellas like Cleveland St or North Dakota St.

They aren't both in Durham, unless you're referring to NC Central University. Carolina is in Chapel Hill, NC. Seperate town, seperate county. But it is close. In fact, NC State is only about 30 miles away in Raleigh and Wake Forest used to be in Wake Forest, NC which is only about 30 miles away too. As for why they are all so close it beats me although I have a suggestion. dook can move back to New Jersey where they came from. :D

I would put Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal right up there with the others, although Federer needs to win against Rafa soon to keep the rivalry going.

I am wondering, why couldn't you be both! Or it is like a Chicago thing that NO WAY can you like the Cubs AND the White Sox?? hmmm...MORE questions!

Could it be because the Great Lakes area is MORE into football than basketball? Damn ANOTHER question to answer a question!:mad:

OK, why not reverse the question so to speak...IF the Omaha College World Series was given as much hype as the March Madness, woudl they be not getting the same attention?!! I don't know, being a little more baised towards baseball, I WANT to say yes.

I would think the NFL is more popular..

A-Rod hands down. Manny has NEVER been known to be good defensive player. A-Rod was THE BEST shortstop in the majors before he was moved to third base.

Here is another question, why do you need a licence to fish?

I loved Jordan vs. the entire Pistons or Knicks teams. REALLY starting to like the Lebron vs. Wade vs. Jobe rivalry....

Damn, I answered too many with questions!:mad:;)

Because I hate Magic Johnson

Because the Pirates' ownership is terrible and they don't deserve fans until they take care of said fans.

Probably

NFL (the NFL is probably more popular in Canada than the NHL is)

Manny

Because there are some fans who only watch Hockey for the fights. As few fans as they already have, they cannot afford to lose any.

Getting paid to catch fish.

Badminton

Why not? It's not like the students have to be from the local area

Magic & Bird

OK, why not reverse the question so to speak...IF the Omaha College World Series was given as much hype as the March Madness, woudl they be not getting the same attention?!! I don't know, being a little more baised towards baseball, I WANT to say yes.

The CWS will never match March Madness, but it is a very underrated event. I wish it did get more attention. You've got guys playing without scholarships and with little chance of making the majors. They are just playing for love of the game. They are the anti-Manny Rameriez's. It's refreshing.

Stupid I guess

Becuase they like to jump on a band wagon and the Pirates suck.

Probably so

NFL in the U.S. by far. Hence the high prices for commercials during the Super Bowl

A-Rod by far is the best all around player.

Because that's what the fans are looking for when they come to the games.

getting paid to fish

the baseball net is in foul territory behind the plate. :D

Rice and Houston are in the same city.

Jack vs. Arnold......if not for them Tiger Woods would not be playing today

There's only two of them. Ask one of them.

The alternative for me is the Lions. No explanation necessary.

That may be a push.

A better comparison would have been Reggie Jackson (Mr. October), and Manny.

Fighting is necessary, the alternative would be more stick violations.

I'm not a professional.:D

The "Raging Bull" and Sugar Ray.

Speaking of Boxing Rivalries, one of my personal favorites has to be Irish Mickey Ward vs. Arturo Thunder Gatti. This was the best Round 9 I've ever seen in Boxing....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZP-IfSZxl0"]Gatti v Ward 1 Round 9[/ame]

Because they lost a bet.

Manny. Has A-Rod ever gotten a hit when you need one?

Becuase they like to jump on a band wagon and the Pirates suck.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Because that's what the fans are looking for when they come to the games.

It stops players from taking more hits against players and less stick violations.

Rice and Houston are in the same city.

We have Pitt, Duquesne and Robert Morris in Pittsburgh.

Always with the Pirates.:mad::D

The University of Cincinnati and Xavier University are a mere 2.5 miles apart :D

Which leads to my question:
Are there 2 Division 1 basketball schools any closer together?

Bill

NFL (the NFL is probably more popular in Canada than the NHL is)
think again if nfl was so popular in canada there would be no cfl canadian football league
Hockey rules roost in canada it can be on frontpage of paper in montreal toronto or vancouver or the others, on anyday including summer.

think again if nfl was so popular in canada there would be no cfl canadian football league
Hockey rules roost in canada it can be on frontpage of paper in montreal toronto or vancouver or the others, on anyday including summer.

Agreed. Hockey may be bigger than God in Canada. I have a lot of friends in Canada (it's only 3 miles away), and all they talk about is hockey.

The University of Cincinnati and Xavier University are a mere 2.5 miles apart :D

Which leads to my question:
Are there 2 Division 1 basketball schools any closer together?

Bill

Good point. I forgot about that. I just assumed Duke and UNC were always the closest D1 schools.

Hockey may be bigger than God in Canada. I have a lot of friends in Canada (it's only 3 miles away), and all they talk about is hockey.

I've been there a couple of times, and it's refreshing to talk about hockey.

In Wisconsin, people couldn't identify a hockey puck from an Eskimo Pie. Here, the Packers are bigger than God, and as a Bills fan who came from Buffalo, it's annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts