Random Thought Thursday

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
1. I watched "Into the Wild" last night in the home theater. A very deep story about what life really means. I recommend this movie in my highest regards to all the film buffs out there. Throughout the final credits, I sat there in awe of the story I just had the privilege of viewing.

2. Chris Paul had a near quadruple double last night with 33 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists and seven steals. Why is Dwayne Wade among the discussions of best in the NBA and not Chris Paul?

3. Anyone ever play RockBand? After a few adult beverages and a few friends, this becomes the ultimate party game!

4. Did you know there are currently no QB's playing in the NFL that are from the Big12, yet there are 2 from the MAC? Maybe the offensive gimmicky QB's from the Big12 made the right decision in not entering the draft this year after all.

5. Question: If the Cardinals win, will Brenda Warner jump out of the stands and embrace Kurt Warner with a passionate tongue kiss?

6. Only in Pittsburgh does the mayor change his name to "Steelerstahl." For crying out loud, get a life Yinzer! Or go back to making out with your sister! ;)

7. Eli Manning's contract will expire next year and will most likely command a $100 million contract. Is he worth that much to the Giants?

8. Word is, the Indians were interested in Pedro Martinez before they signed Carl Pavano. Which one of these discount pitchers would the Indians be better off with?

9. Interesting news on the BCS front. Looks like Congress is actually going to hold hearings and possibly subpoena NCAA officials, college presidents, players, coaches and athletics directors in an effort to force a playoff in Division 1-A. See HERE.

10. And finally, behold the NY Mets 2009 CitiField Commemorative Logo/Sleeve Patch. Yes someone actually got paid to create this! :eek:

2009mets-patch.gif

1. I watched "Into the Wild" last night in the home theater. A very deep story about what life really means. I recommend this movie in my highest regards to all the film buffs out there. Throughout the final credits, I sat there in awe of the story I just had the privilege of viewing.

Will have to check it out. I love good movies!

2. Chris Paul had a near quadruple double last night with 33 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists and seven steals. Why is Dwayne Wade among the discussions of best in the NBA and not Chris Paul?

He is in the discussions where it matters, by NBA people. He just doesn't have a cheerleader on this forum who lives in New Orleans to promote his case here. NBA people know all about Chris Paul.

3. Anyone ever play RockBand? After a few adult beverages and a few friends, this becomes the ultimate party game!

Not into video games at all.

4. Did you know there are currently no QB's playing in the NFL that are from the Big12, yet there are 2 from the MAC? Maybe the offensive gimmicky QB's from the Big12 made the right decision in not entering the draft this year after all.

That could change in a few years.

5. Question: If the Cardinals win, will Brenda Warner jump out of the stands and embrace Kurt Warner with a passionate tongue kiss?

Kurt Warner is a good looking man.

6. Only in Pittsburgh does the mayor change his name to "Steelerstahl." For crying out loud, get a life Yinzer! Or go back to making out with your sister! ;)

Yikes.

7. Eli Manning's contract will expire next year and will most likely command a $100 million contract. Is he worth that much to the Giants?

He's the only QB they have, and he won a Super Bowl.

8. Word is, the Indians were interested in Pedro Martinez before they signed Carl Pavano. Which one of these discount pitchers would the Indians be better off with?

No clue. Either one is a gamble.

9. Interesting news on the BCS front. Looks like Congress is actually going to hold hearings and possibly subpoena NCAA officials, college presidents, players, coaches and athletics directors in an effort to force a playoff in Division 1-A. See HERE.

You would think in this economic climate congressmen could stop grandstanding and start addressing real issues.

10. And finally, behold the NY Mets 2009 CitiField Commemorative Logo/Sleeve Patch. Yes someone actually got paid to create this! :eek:

2009mets-patch.gif

I feel like going to Dominos now.

Sandra

Maybe the offensive gimmicky QB's from the Big12 made the right decision in not entering the draft this year after all.

I think it may be a case of NOT wanting to play for the Lions. The joke will be on them next season, the Lion's will still be drafting in the top 5, if not #1. I'm hoping the Lion's don't go with a QB this season, too many holes elsewhere. (That being said, you can bet they will draft a QB with the #1 pick). Besides I would rather see these young QB's get another year of seasoning, they'll need it before they play for the Lion's.

No, That happens south of the Mason Dixon, like West Virgina.

Never heard of it

Who are you having these discussions with? Most people I have these discussions with acknowledge Paul as one of the elite in the NBA.

Nintendo Wiis also have this effect.

Wasn't Chris Simms from the Big 12? He is not a starter, but he is an NFL QB.

If the media still treats her like they did in the Rams' glory days (showing her on-screen every other minute) I'm sure we'll get ample opportunity to see it if it happens.

Pretty dumb if you ask me.

No. Last year's Super Bowl was a fluke.

Pedro

Hearings don't mean anything. Right, Mr. McGwire?

The Mets suck.

Who are you having these discussions with? Most people I have these discussions with acknowledge Paul as one of the elite in the NBA.

Wade has a home-town cheerleader in the NBA thread on this forum, Paul does not.

Sandra

1. Into the Wild is in my Blockbuster Queue....should be getting it soon.

8. I think Pedro is absolutely done, so I guess I'm happier with the Tribe taking a shot with Pavano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts