Random thoughts after Favregate

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Now that our long national nightmare is OVER (PTI reference), I think it might be time for some more of my patented random thoughts:

1. Does Favre as a Jet remind you of Montana with the Chiefs or Jordan as a Wizard?

2. Should the Vikings go after Chad Pennington? I think he's an upgrade over Tavares Jackson. He played with Curtis Martin; I think he'd do fine with Adrian Peterson.

3. Since Sandra's a Jets and Rangers fan, does this remind her of when Messier joined the Blueshirts in 1991?

4. Who will be this year's NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year?

5. 2008 is the year of the old-timers in sports: Dallas Drake, P.J. Brown, Dara Torres, and of course, the oh-so-annoying Favre.

6. Over/Under: 5 more starts for Joba before the season ends?

7. Giambi should have kept the 'stache.

8. Which team is baseball's version of the pathetic Ice-landers? (A really bad organization)

9. Over/Under: 33.0 points-per-game for LeBron in 2008-09?

10. How did some of you guys come up with your user names? (I'm a fan of the Sabres; hence the name "SabresRule")

11. How weird would it be if the Yankees fail to make the playoffs in the final year at Yankee Stadium?

12. When will the Marlins play their first season in their own stadium?

13. How did salsa become a Raiders fan? Most of his favorite teams (Heat, Miami Hurricanes, Marlins) are from Florida; why didn't he become a Dolphins/Jags fan.

14. Timberlodge Mint ice cream may be one of the greatest ice cream flavors ever.

15. What are some of your favorite NHL goalie mask designs?

16. Any of you ever heard of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Store?

17. I miss Sandra.

18. If a big-time MLB name retires soon, will the new MLB network give him the Favre treatment (pre-empt all shows and dedicte non-stop coverage to him)

19. Anyone interested in the upcoming Little League World Series?

20. With all this Favre talk, can you guys ever recall a team/athlete soap opera that consumed your favorite team?

21. As a hockey fan, I should point out that today is the 21st birthday of Sidney Crosby. I'm not a Penguins fan, but he is such a GREAT talent!

pittsburghpenguins2005pkd2.jpg

Happy birthday, Sid!

Last edited:
Sabres, I love you my friend, BUT no more Favre threads....................PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Sabres, I love you my friend, BUT no more Favre threads....................PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

This was intended as my semi-annual random thoughts thread, not a Favre thread. (I only added the name 'after Favregate' to give it an idea. My original idea was 'Random thoughts on the day the NFL preseason begins.)

I do get your point, though.

BTW, what does the D in BillD stand for?

This was intended as my semi-annual random thoughts thread, not a Favre thread. (I only added the name 'after Favregate' to give it an idea. My original idea was 'Random thoughts on the day the NFL preseason begins.)

Ok, got you my friend. :)

BTW, what does the D in BillD stand for?

The town I live in Mass: Duxbury

Random thoughts after Favregate
Now that our long national nightmare is OVER (PTI reference), I think it might be time for some more of my patented random thoughts:

1. Does Favre as a Jet remind you of Montana with the Chiefs or Jordan as a Wizard?
NO

2. Should the Vikings go after Chad Pennington? I think he's an upgrade over Tavares Jackson. He played with Curtis Martin; I think he'd do fine with Adrian Peterson.
Yes

Maybe Long, but to be honest, I haven't looked at the rookies yet this year

5. 2008 is the year of the old-timers in sports: Dallas Drake, P.J. Brown, Dara Torres, and of course, the oh-so-annoying Favre.

Come on, Dallas Drake, he's not even the oldest on his own team. Is Hasek really retired now, or just taking a break, Chris Chelios is the oldest player in the NHL currently, from last I recall, problem is, he's still playing very well, he's like 46 I think, Hey I just went to check Chelios and he's not listed on the current roster, he didn't retire when we wern't looking did he ?

Under

14. Timberlodge Mint ice cream may be one of the greatest ice cream flavors ever.
Never had it, where can I find it ? Can you send me some ?

All Time, Gerry Cheevers There are some very cool designs out there now with the highly talented artist they have doing them now. CUJO also had some cool masks, particularly when he was in St. Louis.

18. If a big-time MLB name retires soon, will the new MLB network give him the Favre treatment (pre-empt all shows and dedicte non-stop coverage to him)
All depends on who it is ... Barry Bond would be one that would get the same coverage, technically he's NOT retired.

Jimbo

Last edited:

Jordan to the Wizards. Montana wasn't necessarily the face of the 49ers like Farve was the face of the Packers and Jordan was the face of the Bulls.

Yes. With the Vikings Defense, Offensive Line and AP, the QB position should require smart on the field management while limiting turnovers and mistakes. I think Pennington would excel in that role.

Under

7. Giambi should have kept the 'stache.

I agree.

8. Which team is baseball's version of the pathetic Ice-landers? (A really bad organization)

Pittsburgh Pirates, Washington Nationals or the KC Royals.

Under. He'll stay around 30 PPG.

10. How did some of you guys come up with your user names? (I'm a fan of the Sabres; hence the name "SabresRule")

Big fan of all things "High-Def", thus the HD. The MM is my initials.

I'm a Ben & Jerry's guy. Gotta try Cherry Garcia, Willy Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler or Banana Split.

See attachment below.

16. Any of you ever heard of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Store?

No.

17. I miss Sandra.

:luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

Nope. The NFL is the biggest sport in America. Favre is the most popular and most recognizable face in the league. This media barrage was the perfect storm.

I may watch the Final Game, but that's it.

20. With all this Favre talk, can you guys ever recall a team/athlete soap opera that consumed your favorite team?

No, but I predict "LeBron: Will-he-Stay-or-Go-Gate" will make "Favre-Gate" look like back page fluff. Unfortunately that is. :(

21. As a hockey fan, I should point out that today is the 21st birthday of Sidney Crosby. I'm not a Penguins fan, but he is such a GREAT talent!

What's with the picture of Megan Fox? Don't tell me Sidney is dating her?!

Attachments

• east18.jpg
    east18.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 113

Doesn't rally remind me of either. Jordan was the best player ever, Favre is not even close. Aaron Rogers is not as proven as Young was, we seen him in the USFL

Absolutely, but I would rather have him sign as a backup in New England

Matt Ryan, he will start from day 1 and put up half decent numbers.

6. Over/Under: 5 more starts for Joba before the season ends

Under.

Washington Nationals

Hart is part of my last name and 5150 is a tribute to Van Halen

11. How weird would it be if the Yankees fail to make the playoffs in the final year at Yankee Stadium?

Weird, no. Awesome, YES

No, 12yr old should not be playing at 60 ft bases.

20. With all this Favre talk, can you guys ever recall a team/athlete soap opera that
consumed your favorite team?

Yeah, last year with the whole Spygate BS and the undefeated regular season.

I just like him, because the Flyers fans hate him so much.

1 - I am tired of Farve.

2 - Any team would be well served with Pennington. A quality clean cut guy who has a 140 IQ. Ideal backup. IMHO, Pennington will be a great college coach someday.

8 - Texas Rangers (2nd Washington Senators). In 46 years of existance they have played in three playoff games (all in a brief 4 year span) winning exactly one playoff game. Average finish of 5th place.

11 - I am tired of this Yankee Stadium hype. Over 90% of the original Yankee Stadium was torn down and a new stadium built on top of what little remained in the mid 1970s. It being torn down belongs in the same class as tearing down Riverfront, Atlanta-Fulton, Veteran's etc. Shea is a more significant park, historically, being 15 years older.

12 - All tied up in court. This is why people hate lawyers. Just another loser trying to have the courts substitute its judgement for that of the democracy. That said, baseball has not worked in either Florida city and its time to admit that and either contract or move the teams.

19 - The LLWS is cool. I note this year that they did away with the "Transatlantic" team (US, Canadian, and Japanese kids whose parents worked in the Arabian oil fields or in military bases in Europe) and "MEAE" team (native kids in Europe, the Middle East and Africa). That was designed to give the local kids in the non-baseball world a shot at their own championship. Dumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)