Random Thoughts after the NHL Trade Deadline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Trying to pass the time after the NHL had its annual trading frenzy...

1. What famous foods is your city/area known for? When I heard that Salsa worked for SportsChannel in Chicago for many years, I couldn't help but think of Chitown's great cuisine- Chicago-style hot dogs, deep dish pizza, Eli's cheesecake, ribs, etc.

2. It's amazing how things have changed since the NHL returned. At the start of the NHL's return from the lockout, Buffalo and Anaheim were elite teams while Chicago was still a floundering mess. Who would have thunk that the Hawks are legit and now the Sabres and Ducks are fighting just to get an eighth seed?

3. I'm really interested in the AFC West in 2009- now, every team has a decent quarterback (Cutler, Cassel, Rivers, Russell). A while back, I felt that Cleveland would sweep the division- now, I'm not so sure!

4. What is your favorite birthday gift that you have ever got?

5. Anders and I may not see eye-to-eye a lot, but one thing we agree on- Big Ten basketball is B-O-R-I-N-G!

6. Did anyone know Ohio State has a hockey team? I'm surprised HD hasn't mentioned that. It's true- Buckeyes can play on frozen water!

7. Whatever happened to lancemccaffrey? That guy hasn't been around in a while, and it'a shame since his Hokies finally won a BCS game and shut up ACC critics like myself.

8. It's frustrating for me to live in Wisconsin as a hockey fan. I went from a hockey-mad city- Buffalo- to a place that cared more about what pizza Brett Favre ordered than the NHL.

9. When thinking about what she has- unique thoughts, likeability, popularity, and the fact she is heard a lot but never seen (doesn't show what she looks like)- I think Sandra reminds me of Wilson from 'Home Improvement.'

10. Speaking of Sandy, her Rangers are showing up way too much on NBC. WHY do we have to see the Rangers all the time- they are not exciting and don't have starpower. NBC needs to stop shoving mediocre big-market hockey down the throats of us hockey fans!

11. If you were to write a biography on your life, what would you title it? I'd title mine "Fat Times- the ups and downs of a hungry Buffalo sports fan."

12. Over/under: 5 20-game winners in 2009?

13. Will there be at least ONE 50-homer man in baseball this year?

14. How many buzzer-beaters will there be during NCAA Championship week? I'll predict five.

15. Which of the NBA's top-four seeds in each conference is most vulnerable for an early playoff upset? Call me crazy, but I have the Spurs going out in round one.

16. What's the best ballpark/stadium good you've ever gotten? For me, it's still those hotdogs from the Aud.

Trying to pass the time after the NHL had its annual trading frenzy...

1. What famous foods is your city/area known for? When I heard that Salsa worked for SportsChannel in Chicago for many years, I couldn't help but think of Chitown's great cuisine- Chicago-style hot dogs, deep dish pizza, Eli's cheesecake, ribs, etc.

2. It's amazing how things have changed since the NHL returned. At the start of the NHL's return from the lockout, Buffalo and Anaheim were elite teams while Chicago was still a floundering mess. Who would have thunk that the Hawks are legit and now the Sabres and Ducks are fighting just to get an eighth seed?

3. I'm really interested in the AFC West in 2009- now, every team has a decent quarterback (Cutler, Cassel, Rivers, Russell). A while back, I felt that Cleveland would sweep the division- now, I'm not so sure!

5. Anders and I may not see eye-to-eye a lot, but one thing we agree on- Big Ten basketball is B-O-R-I-N-G!

6. Did anyone know Ohio State has a hockey team? I'm surprised HD hasn't mentioned that. It's true- Buckeyes can play on frozen water!

7. Whatever happened to lancemccaffrey? That guy hasn't been around in a while, and it'a shame since his Hokies finally won a BCS game and shut up ACC critics like myself.

8. It's frustrating for me to live in Wisconsin as a hockey fan. I went from a hockey-mad city- Buffalo- to a place that cared more about what pizza Brett Favre ordered than the NHL.

9. When thinking about what she has- unique thoughts, likeability, popularity, and the fact she is heard a lot but never seen (doesn't show what she looks like)- I think Sandra reminds me of Wilson from 'Home Improvement.'

10. Speaking of Sandy, her Rangers are showing up way too much on NBC. WHY do we have to see the Rangers all the time- they are not exciting and don't have starpower. NBC needs to stop shoving mediocre big-market hockey down the throats of us hockey fans!

11. If you were to write a biography on your life, what would you title it? I'd title mine "Fat Times- the ups and downs of a hungry Buffalo sports fan."

14. How many buzzer-beaters will there be during NCAA Championship week? I'll predict five.

15. Which of the NBA's top-four seeds in each conference is most vulnerable for an early playoff upset? Call me crazy, but I have the Spurs going out in round one.

16. What's the best ballpark/stadium good you've ever gotten? For me, it's still those hotdogs from the Aud.

2. Anaheim has had a pretty good hockey team the last 5 years or so, it's just this year that they are struggling to make the playoffs.

6. Yes, they have a good hockey team, they are usually NOT in the same class that Michigan and Bowling Green are and some of the others in the area.
That said, BG has not been as good in the last few years as they were awhile back.

10. You said it, BIG Market

12.Push / or under...

13. Yes

15. Potentially, whoever matches up with the Pistons, they are going to be somewhere around the 6th seed, I would guess, maybe a little higher IF Iverson stays injured, and or comes back and plays as a back up.

Jimbo

Hmmm. There are many different pockets throughout Cleveland where a variety of Eastern European cuisines can be had at various restaurants and markets. But one food in particular that is popular in the area has to be the homemade Pierogi, fried in butter and topped with caramelized onions and paprika. The Pierogi's are usually accompanied with a side of grilled Kielbasa.

BTW, if you're ever in Cleveland we have a lot of excellent restaurants to dine at. Two in particular were made famous by Cleveland's own, Iron Chef Michael Symon who owns and runs Lola and Lolita. I recommend both. They are simply amazing.

Cassel and Russell are "decent" QB's? I wouldn't crown their asses just yet Sabres.

Usually on my Birthday I go out to a nice dinner with family and friends. Getting to share company with them and being treated to a good meal is just about as good as it gets.

I knew. I don't particularly follow them though.

Don't ever move to Cleveland. Hockey is even more obscure here.

Sandra's really a 60-year old man?! I don't think she'll like that comparison. :)

Unrequited Cleveland: A tale of a boy who loved his city, but the city didn't love him back.

Over. With Roids being banished from the MLB, pitching will dominate once again.

No. Pujols will lead the league with 47 though.

Atlanta. They will most likely have to face Miami in the first round.

There's nothing that can replicate a stadium dog slathered with Cleveland's Famous Bertmans Original Ball Park Mustard. Yumo!

Don't ever move to Cleveland. Hockey is even more obscure here.

Yeah, but Cleveland wouldn't push a QB controversy down our throats like in Wisconsin.

Last year, I was forcefed all these Favre/Rodgers stories. I don't think the Quinn/Anderson angle is going to be beaten like a drum all summer.

Yeah, but Cleveland wouldn't push a QB controversy down our throats like in Wisconsin.

Last year, I was forcefed all these Favre/Rodgers stories. I don't think the Quinn/Anderson angle is going to be beaten like a drum all summer.

Again, don't move to Cleveland if you don't want a QB controversy. Green Bay and Cleveland are very similar in the fact that they are both Football crazy towns.

This city talks Browns football every single day of every month. And a QB controversy is a prerequisite in this town...

Holcomb/Couch
Anderson/Quinn

Trust me, it's non stop here too.

don't move to Cleveland if you don't want a QB controversy. Green Bay and Cleveland are very similar in the fact that they are both Football crazy towns.

This city talks Browns football every single day of every month. And a QB controversy is a prerequisite in this town...

Holcomb/Couch
Anderson/Quinn

Yes, but I'd still love to come to Cleveland for a few days.

After all, you have LBJ. All we have in Wisconsin is Richard Jefferson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)