[RANT] Why is the ViP622 such an upidstay nituay?

Now we know why we need to buy a TV with an HD tuner. Switch to TV tuner while recording on the OTA tuner on the 622.

woljr said:
Now we know why we need to buy a TV with an HD tuner. Switch to TV tuner while recording on the OTA tuner on the 622.
Yeah, that's what we need to do .... if only Dish had included twenty-five or more OTA tuners in the receiver ! Stupid Dish Network !! :(

I have a problem finding two shows on at the same time worth recording that are on the networks.

Why do you suggest getting a TV with an HD tuner then ?? You can watch (1) using the Dish receiver and you have trouble finding a 2nd show, so you have no problem...

slacker9876 said:
Jim nailed it ... misinterpretation. Since nothing records today I have been messing with it. setting up crap I don't want to watch then switching around. I put the unit in dual mode FOR THE INSTALLER and it's sat there ever since, other than the SM test I did this morning. I am catching on now and like I said I admit when I am wrong.

Funny observation I run Linux on my PC's because I like the control and stability along with the added security and "questionable" products that may not be legal in the US :) ... TiVo is Linux based, and I like it because it doesn't make me think ... oh the irony.

And for whoever spouted off I am an MCSE ... FROM THE 3.51 ERA ... not all of us are dullards, just the booksmart ones. Experience counts in everything, including the 622.
I thought for a little fun, I would throw that in about the MCSE. Experience is what counts; but I've been thinking about going and buy a MCSE certificate, might be useful one day.

Personally, I think the 622 manual could have been written a little better - for those of us who don't really like reading.

Glad you are getting your 622 to work. Don't forget to let us know how you like it.

Close enough.

I remember a couple years back, some company had crash courses for several things; and then after each course, they give you the test, before you forget it. :D

SmityWhity said:
Personally, I think the 622 manual could have been written a little better - for those of us who don't really like reading.

A lot of the problems people are having with their equipment is due to not liking to read and skim over important parts of the manual. I have seen so many repeat questions on discussion sites and when asked "Why don't you read the manual?" you get the same answers. "I read the manual and cannot find the answer to this." I really do not like spending a lot of time reading myself, but find myself reading the manual several times over the first month to try to understand what I am reading while many seem to think that by reading it once is enough. (Sorry, I am done with my mini-rant now.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts