• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
So far I like what I'm seeing on MHD, but I'll say that I still prefer RaveHD. That's based on content-only (no PQ). What do you guys think?

I am very glad to see one more HD music channel, however I still prefer RAVE, because I don't like commercials!

I usually have one of these channels in the background when I am reading or working, and commercials on MHD, although not too annoying, still, somewhat distractive.

I like them both; my son seems to like having MHD, he never paid any attention to RAVE. But it helped that the first thing he saw on it was a Green Day special.

I like them both.. watching more mhd right now just because I didn't have it .. but there's plenty of concerts I watch on rave still.. I turn the queen concert on everytime it's on..

It's amazing to me that none of the HD music channels (I'll include HD-Net with Rave and MHD) have done what Voom-Family did with Flipper (for example).
In other words, take good 35mm Music Concerts and transfer them to HD.

Some possibilities:
- Woodstock (obvious)
- Monterey Pop
- Big Sur
- Yessongs
- Isle of Wight 1970 (not the lame new one)
- Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock
- The Grateful Dead Movie
- Pink Floyd at Pompeii
- Rain/PaperbackWriter/HelloGoodbye
- Rolling Stones' Rock'n'roll Circus
- Miles Davis - Miles Electric

and so forth...

I've had MHD for about a year. After two weeks you will have seen just about everything they offer. They must have about 20 hours total. There is also nothing exclusive, everything on MHD has been on MTV, VH1 or CMT. Seems like MHD isn't much of a priority. I think they run six hours a day and repeat it over and over. Ugh.