RC65RX does not control HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
My original RC65RX shot craps (quit working- -green light would not come on even with new batteries). I bought 2 new ones on Amazon and about all they do is light up the green light. I looked in the manual and on-line and no joy. I tried the Select/Mute 981 thingy, not sure what that's suppose to do, but it didn't help. Hard to believe both new remotes are bad. After a RBR I have a picture/sound but cannot even turn it off with the RC65RX. Hope I'm not SOL. Help!

Never mind. Found directions on the internet:

To put the remote control into RF mode:
  1. Press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
  2. Enter 9 6 1
  3. Press CHAN up
  4. Enter last 6 digits of the Receiver ID number, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
  5. Press SELECT
It now works!!

Last edited:
Reactions: raoul5788

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I was gonna say ... something wasn't right ...
I have 2 rc65rbx remotes and they both will work the HR24 as well as the HR44 (44 only in IR mode).

Glad you got it going. :)

Zashel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2015
Wisconsin
try getting TWO of those in RF simultaneously. that's a PITA.

FWIW the issue you where having with the new remotes (as far as i can tell) is actually the receiver expecting an RF signal and so ignoring the IR signal.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

FWIW the issue you where having with the new remotes (as far as i can tell) is actually the receiver expecting an RF signal and so ignoring the IR signal.
Yes, 2 remotes on 1 recvr, RF is a pain.

I wish there was a Sticky or a thread in the D* section that described the different codes to put in remotes to do different things on the recvr, I stead of having to read it on the screen and try to do it, makes it difficult if the recvrs not in the TV room.

Things such as putting remote into RF mode ...
How to reset remote, incase it doesn't see the recvr you want to use it with.

These kind of things I come across from time to time and can never remember when needed or someone asks .... I don't do it enough to remember. Unlike the installers that deal with that stuff regularly.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)

That is what I surmised; the installerhad put the HR24 in RF mode. What irks me is that I doubt this is an unusual problem and the DirecTV site was absolutely worthless in providing help. Also DirecTV wants $25 for a replacement remote
ON A RENTED SYSTEM and I paid $8.50 on Amazon shipped. When I quit, guess which remote I am sending back.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
That is what I surmised; the installerhad put the HR24 in RF mode. What irks me is that I doubt this is an unusual problem and the DirecTV site was absolutely worthless in providing help. Also DirecTV wants $25 for a replacement remote
ON A RENTED SYSTEM and I paid $8.50 on Amazon shipped. When I quit, guess which remote I am sending back.
NEITHER ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts