RC71 Remote Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
i need help with my RC71 Genie Remote. It is set up and works everything on my TV except for the inputs. Can someone tell me if there is a way that I can program it to also work the inputs?

BTW, this is the first time I have went in my remote setup on my Genie in the bedroom. The new setup was alot easier to use and straight forward.

Thanks in advance.

It is a Toshiba. Actually the new set up doesn't allow you to use different codes anymore. It was able to tell what TV I had and told me exactly what to do

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1447128947.366910.jpg

This is the setup screen now

pretty sure the remote codes dont work on RC7X series remotes.

jerry, it sounds like you're programming the remote on the main genie since its not asking for any information from you. try it again, and when it asks if the remote was programmed, use the try next code option.

pretty sure the remote codes dont work on RC7X series remotes.

jerry, it sounds like you're programming the remote on the main genie since its not asking for any information from you. try it again, and when it asks if the remote was programmed, use the try next code option.

Its not the main Genie. I tried what you said and it doesnt give a next code option. It gives you an option that maybe your box is to far from your HD DVR

i need help with my RC71 Genie Remote. It is set up and works everything on my TV except for the inputs. Can someone tell me if there is a way that I can program it to also work the inputs?

BTW, this is the first time I have went in my remote setup on my Genie in the bedroom. The new setup was alot easier to use and straight forward.

Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do is get a RC6X remote. The RC71 can't control other inputs. I can't switch OTA channels on my bedroom TV with that awful thing they call an improvement.

Thats not true because I have an RC71 in the living room and it controls inputs on my TV without issues

I can change the inputs with the RC71 but once there, it's worthless. Examples: I can switch to the OTA input but I can't change channels on it, view/adjust TV settings menus, or use the smart tv menus. With the RC65RX remote, I can. I can also go to AV1 mode and change preset radio stations on the Denon receiver. The number keys correspond to the inputs (HDMI 1, 2, etc) as well. I can't even figure out how to select that input on the RC71. At one point, AV2 controlled my VCR. I don't even know how you'd use the RC71 on one (or other device).

With the RC65RX remote, I rarely need to use the remote for the actual devices. With the RC71, you do all the time. I don't understand why anyone would want that thing. No stop? No resume? Why can't we have nice things?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)