RC72 remote disassembly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportflyer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver, WA
The key "0" is getting to be inconsistent. How do I open up the RC72 Remote Controller to clean the keys ? How many additional screws are there besides the one in the battery compartment ? Tks

The key "0" is getting to be inconsistent. How do I open up the RC72 Remote Controller to clean the keys ? How many additional screws are there besides the one in the battery compartment ? Tks

Why not just call and have them send you a new one? Just being polite will get you a remote typically.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I did try very politely to request a replacement but the customer service rep. want me to buy a new one from them at $15 . I can buy 2 from ebay at 1/2 that cost. Still its fun to be able to disassemble the unit , clean the contacts and refresh the conductive rubber button with some contact fluid.

I did try very politely to request a replacement but the customer service rep. want me to buy a new one from them at $15 . I can buy 2 from ebay at 1/2 that cost. Still its fun to be able to disassemble the unit , clean the contacts and refresh the conductive rubber button with some contact fluid.
Call them back ... they normally have no problem sending new ones out.
Then tear it apart if you want.
I have not looked closely at one seeing I don't use one, but I'm wondering if they are glued instead.

Never opened one, but my guess is they use the clips that the top/bottom attach by pushing together. Anytime I try to open something with that design I break too many clips and it never goes back together as sturdy as when I started it. You can get a two pack of the remotes for $10 shipped generally, one to use and spare too, I'd order that, in the event your repair doesn't hold up.

I have been trying to open an RC66RBX remote to cut the trace of the "ACTIVE" button. It's in a bad place and I am constantly pressing it and it's not a quick process to get out of it. There are 2 screws on the bottom underneath the battery cover but for some reason the 2 halves won't separate.

I have been trying to open an RC66RBX remote to cut the trace of the "ACTIVE" button. It's in a bad place and I am constantly pressing it and it's not a quick process to get out of it. There are 2 screws on the bottom underneath the battery cover but for some reason the 2 halves won't separate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)