RCA 751R yagi outdoor antenna

Harshness
I don’t know why u are being so mean
To me,? Do u have something against people who live on the border and find other country’s tv channels better then the USA
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get about 20 channels from Mexico and I would trade them all for one from Canada. I wish you luck!

It is very easy. 5 minutes tops. Now the mast and mounting is another story...
Allow at least one day for installation even if antenna assembly looks like it takes 5 minutes. You will probably need to make a couple of trips to the hardware store. From what information you have given us you are according to TV fool mounting the antenna 30 ft. above ground level but only ordered 25ft of cable. What do you have for a crimping/compression tool to put ends on coaxial cables? How about cable clips to anchor the cable to the building? What are you going to use for a mast mount? Are you going to split the signal to 2 TV's or run 2 TV antennas one to each TV?

I knew watching Vince rocca
Unbox it and install it on youtube
Was so easy and Vince had used the winegard LNA200 pre amp I think on his video he got 110 channels in la
Shopping channels and Mexican channels but he got his locals
If you lived way up in the hills above Los Angeles, you may have a similar experience but you live somewhere around 666' in elevation in Michigan (about 92' higher than Lake St. Claire) so the situation is entirely different. It isn't reasonable to assume that what happens in Lala Land is going to happen in the same way in the Great Lakes region.

The video is a fair representation of almost any consumer Yagi antenna manufactured in the last 45 years or so in terms of being snap-together and Mr. Rocca knew exactly where he needed to point the antenna before we went up near the top of his roof.

If you can see the lights flashing on the tower of the station you want to receive, 60 miles is doable under good conditions. If the station is low-power or you can't see the flashing lights, I'd say you have an uphill battle.

With OTA, is very important to manage expectations as there are many things that can get in the way of good reception. Distance is only one of the issues.

You will probably need to make a couple of trips to the hardware store.
In watching the video, I saw that Mr. Rocca used a block of wood in his mast installation. This is a terrible idea as I'd imagine lumber only lasts a few years in the Great Lakes region with rain, snow, wind and ice all working to break it down into compost.

Allow at least one day for installation even if antenna assembly looks like it takes 5 minutes. You will probably need to make a couple of trips to the hardware store. From what information you have given us you are according to TV fool mounting the antenna 30 ft. above ground level but only ordered 25ft of cable. What do you have for a crimping/compression tool to put ends on coaxial cables? How about cable clips to anchor the cable to the building? What are you going to use for a mast mount? Are you going to split the signal to 2 TV's or run 2 TV antennas one to each TV?

I am going to split the signal by the tv so one goes to my tv and one goes to the other tv.i decided not to get the pre amp as everyone said I did not need it

Windsor is 22 miles away and sends a vary strong signal so I was told not to get the preamp .we will aim it south to get Canada

Windsor is 22 miles away and sends a vary strong signal so I was told not to get the preamp .we will aim it south to get Canada

DONT use a amp. All of your other signals are very strong. Could damage your TVs. You could take a 12 inch piece of coax, strip 6 inches to center conductor and connect it to a tv and receive most of the US channels. Make sure no bread is touching the center conductor. No outside antenna needed.

I am stupid what is bread
"Bread" is the auto-correct perversion of the intended word "braid".

freeisforme meant to caution you about not allowing any of the braid to be wound around the center conductor when you build your coaxial cables as it will short circuit the signal leaving you with nothing.

Reactions: freeisforme
I don’t need the pre amp rightl
Pre-amps should only be used if the system isn't good enough without them. I get that you would have to make another trip up to the antenna, but they can cause as much trouble as they solve so if you don't need one, you don't want it in there.

In watching the video, I saw that Mr. Rocca used a block of wood in his mast installation. This is a terrible idea as I'd imagine lumber only lasts a few years in the Great Lakes region with rain, snow, wind and ice all working to break it down into compost.
Pre-amps should only be used if the system isn't good enough without them. I get that you would have to make another trip up to the antenna, but they can cause as much trouble as they solve so if you don't need one, you don't want it in there.
You've gone from 70 mile stations to 22 mile Canadian station so that eliminates need for LNA 200.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You've gone from 70 mile stations to 22 mile Canadian station so that eliminates need for LNA 200.
Not necessarily. You're assuming LOS, full-power broadcasts from the Canadian stations and a bunch of other niceties and that's absolutely not a reasonable assumption where there are so many stations packed into a relatively small area.

Not necessarily. You're assuming LOS, full-power broadcasts from the Canadian stations and a bunch of other niceties and that's absolutely not a reasonable assumption where there are so many stations packed into a relatively small area.
I agree with the potential for interference but TV Fool shows CBET as LOS and not as a LP station. Larry will have problems after he installs the antenna and hopefully we can help him cure then. First I expect is going to be a 2way splitter removing 1/2 his signal if the ANT 751 signal on CBET is weak.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I agree with the potential for interference but TV Fool shows CBET as LOS and not as a LP station. Larry will have problems after he installs the antenna and hopefully we can help him cure then. First I expect is going to be a 2way splitter removing 1/2 his signal if the ANT 751 signal on CBET is weak.

Boba I assume that ya’ll will tell me were to use the splitter or I’ll check YouTube for answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts