RCA 751R yagi outdoor antenna

Boba I assume that ya’ll will tell me were to use the splitter or I’ll check YouTube for answer
Ideally, splitter goes as close as possible to the tuners as this reduces the amount of cable you have to run and, in turn, the loss due to long cables. If your plan was to drape cables on either side of the home, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Understand also that anything you insert in the line (including a pre-amp) reduces the initial signal that comes from the antenna. Two-way splitters reduce the signal by >50% and even couplers (for putting two lengths of cable together) reduce the signal by .25dB give or take.

Ideally, splitter goes as close as possible to the tuners as this reduces the amount of cable you have to run and, in turn, the loss due to long cables. If your plan was to drape cables on either side of the home, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Understand also that anything you insert in the line (including a pre-amp) reduces the initial signal that comes from the antenna. Two-way splitters reduce the signal by >50% and even couplers (for putting two lengths of cable together) reduce the signal by .25dB give or take.

Harshness
If I just run the cable from the antenna to my tv in the house
Then split it at my tv to the living room tv is that best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he meant braid as in the wire braid surrounding much of the coaxial cable that is made, but I couldn't resist.

Boba I assume that ya’ll will tell me were to use the splitter or I’ll check YouTube for answer

It is not as much where to put the splitter as it is do you have enough signal to support a 2 way splitter. No matter where you put it you will lose slightly more than 1/2 the signal captured by the antenna, that is just the laws of physics. What we need is for you to get your install done so we can see how it works out. We can't see your install or guess mistakes you might make but we can try to warn you about problems we have experienced.

By TVfool you have 18 LOS broadcasters 14 are 10 miles or less from your location. Those towers are from 8 different angles to your antenna, because you are aiming at CBET 167 degrees most of those LOS stations are being received by the back/ side of your antenna. Reception from the back or side is supposed to reduce the signals. RCA describes this antenna as Omni directional so it could work better than most yagi.

Last edited:
The cable arrived
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2480.JPG

Trying to figure out how to
Connect the transformer to the antenna got to go watch a YouTube video to see how to do it

Should be two studs that you connect the flat ends of the matching transformer to with a couple wingnuts. Then connect the coax to the other end of the matching transformer.

img_2485-jpg.134782

Appears that the transformer has a weather boot already installed. You should be able to pop it off, slide it over the end of your coax cable, screw the coax onto the transformer then slide the weather boot back on. :)

Reactions: osu1991
img_2485-jpg.134782

Appears that the transformer has a weather boot already installed. You should be able to pop it off, slide it over the end of your coax cable, screw the coax onto the transformer then slide the weather boot back on. :)

Everything is done dumb question
How do I take the weather boot off to make the connection

Everything is done dumb question
How do I take the weather boot off to make the connection

Boot should be made of rubber and SHOULD just pop off if you pry up on the edge where it is on the transformer. Once it is off slip the boot over your coax, screw the coax onto the transformer and pop the weather boot back on the transformer.

Boot should be made of rubber and SHOULD just pop off if you pry up on the edge where it is on the transformer. Once it is off slip the boot over your coax, screw the coax onto the transformer and pop the weather boot back on the transformer.
How can u do that when the transformer is connected to the coax
Can’t reconnect the boot unless u
Disconnect the coax then your back we’re u started from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)