RCA 751R yagi outdoor antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How can u do that when the transformer is connected to the coax
Can’t reconnect the boot unless u
Disconnect the coax then your back we’re u started from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You MUST REMOVE the boot from the transformer BEFORE you connect the coax to the transformer. Slip the boot over the coax cable, screw the coax to the transformer, THEN slide the boot up the coax and push it back onto the transformer.

You MUST REMOVE the boot from the transformer BEFORE you connect the coax to the transformer. Slip the boot over the coax cable, screw the coax to the transformer, THEN slide the boot up the coax and push it back onto the transformer.

The hole on the boot is 2 small
To slide back to the transformer

The hole on the boot is 2 small
To slide back to the transformer

The hole is designed to go onto bare coax without a fitting. Leave it off or cut the hole larger so it will slip over the coax fitting. Either way you lose the waterproofing.
The same will be true if you drill a hole through the outside wall to bring the coax into the house instead of a 3/8ths hole you need at least a 1/2" because of the fitting.

The hole on the boot is 2 small To slide back to the transformer
Just saw a winegard instruction manual saying to threw away the rubber boot

Do not throw away the rubber boot. It is there to help keep moisture out of your coax connection. It will stretch over the connector if you wiggle it around and push hard enough. I have done it myself.

1. Remove rubber boot from transformer.
2. Slip the end of the boot with the small hole onto your coax cable and push it up out of the way a few inches.
3. Screw your coax onto the threaded transformer connection.
4. Finally, slide the boot (large hole) back up your coax and onto the transformer. It may fit tightly, it's supposed to to keep moisture out.

Reactions: osu1991 and Larry1
Ok all finished
2 problems one mast is 2 loose
2-antenna won’t stay on the mast
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG
then go outside hook the mast up then put the antenna on the mast get my iPhone compass to south 167 on my porch to test it

There are no screws to connect the mast to the the roof so I’ll connect it to my front porch till I can get screws
For the mast

On the "U"bolt turn the nuts over you have them upside down. You need at least 2 lag screws. How and where are you mounting the mast?0
The mast goes through the "U" bolt then the 2 threaded ends go through the brass bracket. Then you tighten the 7/16ths nuts to lock the antenna on the mast.

On the "U"bolt turn the nuts over you have them upside down. You need at least 2 lag screws. How and where are you mounting the mast?0
The mast goes through the "U" bolt then the 2 threaded ends go through the brass bracket. Then you tighten the 7/16ths nuts to lock the antenna on the mast.

Lol I just did a test on my front porch
Picked up57 of 58 including cbet Canada with cbet came in clear

Reactions: osu1991 and FTA4PA
There are no screws to connect the mast to the the roof so I’ll connect it to my front porch till I can get screws
For the mast

If you insist on mounting on the roof get some roofing mastic or a tube of silicone to put under the mounting foot to keep roof waterproof.

congrats!

Reactions: FTA4PA
If you insist on mounting on the roof get some roofing mastic or a tube of silicone to put under the mounting foot to keep roof waterproof.

congrats!
Thank u my roomate said he had screws in the shead and he is borrowing a ladder in a few days
And we will connect it to the chimney
IMG_2462.JPG

Thank u my roomate said he had screws in the shead and he is borrowing a ladder in a few days
And we will connect it to the chimney
View attachment 134793

Next thing to plan is how are you going to get the cable in the house? You can mount the antenna on the chimney then bring the cable inside the attic and run it where you need it. Or you can run it down on the outside of the chimney to where you need to enter the house.

Next thing to plan is how are you going to get the cable in the house? You can mount the antenna on the chimney then bring the cable inside the attic and run it where you need it. Or you can run it down on the outside of the chimney to where you need to enter the house.

Yeah boba
I saved money by not buying that winegard 200 preamp and for at most - 1 or 2 more channels
Was not worth the 37 dollars
Amazon charged. But I made one
Major screw up,I miss calculated
The rg6 coax I would need I thought
That 30 feet was enough relooking
Now I see I was off I should have bought 100 ft instead to play it safe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)