RCA DTC100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

Can above mentioned receiver get digital OTA channels? Does it need a sbubscription or can I use stand alone? Thanks.

Hi All,

Can above mentioned receiver get digital OTA channels? Does it need a sbubscription or can I use stand alone? Thanks.

i beleive yes it can on both of your questions

I think No ....
This unit does not have a Digital tuner for OTA in it.....

Cancel that post, I read two different reviews and found two different answers , hmmmm, I'll keep checking.

edit :
Looks like it does do the Digital OTA, but is not integrated into the program guide like the newer units do.

DTC 100 was the first generation of D* receivers for HDTV, it can receive ATSC signals but the tuner is crap compared to todays tuners. If you have a good strong signal use it other wise trash it.

That was my 1st receiver when I signed with D* many years ago. I had no problems with mine and yes you can get OTA with it. Can't answer the other but you shouldn't need a subscription but you know how D* is, money hungry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)