[Optibox] Re : Recommendations for handheld digital satellite signal meter .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sub101uk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2020
london
Any one got any recommendations for a good handheld digital satellite MPEG-2/4 meter something I can hang round my neck as finding the Satlook a bit on the heavy side at 5.5 Kgs its like having a lap top hanging round your neck .

Attachments

• Sat Link SP2100.JPG
    Sat Link SP2100.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Megger Sat 1 HD.JPG
    Megger Sat 1 HD.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 180
Any one got any recommendations for a good handheld digital satellite MPEG-2/4 meter something I can hang round my neck as finding the Satlook a bit on the heavy side at 5.5 Kgs its like having a lap top hanging round your neck .
Hi sub101uk! The Satlink WS-6933 I mentioned in your other thread Friday weighs only 369 grams (.369kg) or .813 pounds. It is very easy to work with. :)

Satlink WS-6933 (Grams).jpg Satlink WS-6933 (Pounds).jpg (Thumbnailed - Click for larger view)

Yes that size would be nice and much better than the SatLook FTA its 5.5 Kgs to hang round your neck , Been looking at the WS-6979 that should be ok I think any thing is better than the Satlook due to its weight .

Attachments

• WS-6979SE.JPG
    WS-6979SE.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Satlook.jpg
    Satlook.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: FTA4PA
Yes that size would be nice and much better than the SatLook FTA its 5.5 Kgs to hang round your neck , Been looking at the WS-6979 that should be ok I think any thing is better than the Satlook due to its weight .
No experience with that one. It's out of my price range at about four times what the WS-6933 cost me. Can't spend too much or the other half will balk! :D

Yes I have put the old Satlook FTA MK IV up for sale as I do have a few other sat meters and scopes but the SatLook should go for about £100 - £150 new I think I paid over £447 but that was in 2007 but its no good to hang round your neck .But the WS-6979 is very small and light .The picture is my Luly C Band scope its handy to find new satellites . I only have problems with the XYL when the tower is down and she wants to cut the grass .

Attachments

• Sat Scope.jpg
    Sat Scope.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts