Re-Subscription fee?

slffl

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
I've looked all over VOOMs website, but can't find any info. I'd like to cancel VOOM until they get a DVR and get some OAR content.

Doesn't anyone know if there is a re-subscription fee? And if so, how much?

Thanks.

I asked them if I could put my account on "vacation" & pay $5/month like D* & E* do , but they don't have it in place yet. I think at the moment your only option is to quit then come back as a new sub later.

There is no fee at the moment for cancellation. The $0 down offer to sign up has been extended until the end of this month, and is likely to be extended again. I base that statement on experience, and not on any special knowledge.

When the DVR is available, you will be subject to whatever sign-up deal prevails at that time, but so will everyone else who has been waiting for a DVR. That will be the time when Voom tries to get the users who have had a DVR with their present service, and you'll have to guess what the sign-up deal will be at that time.

Oh, well I ask because for instance with Dish, if you have had Dish before, there is like a $25 re-subscription fee and you don't get any of the hardware discounts they give for 'new' subscribers.

That blows. With Voom--you never know for sure what they will do, and it doesn't get announced on the website. So decisions to cancel and then wait for the DVR lead to speculation about what they might do. I've never heard of Voom charging anyone to re-subscribe. I can't remember seeing anything posted from anyone who left and then came back, either.

OAR Content

Well, I'd suggest you start complaining to HBA/Showtime/Cinemax/StarZ/etc. since they're the ones broadcasting non-OAR content. I'd also complain to Voom about their channels as well since they're also not broadcasting in OAR. I think The Movie Channel is the only one who is doing any OAR broadcasting.

Quite annoying...

The Rickster

DarrellP said:
I'd like to see TCM go HD, they show everything in OAR.

give this man a cigar... that would be really great... I would also like to see AMC go HD and it would make sense for AMC to go HD since the same people own Voom... also, their was something in a thread about going on vacation and freezing your account, but you had to own your equipment to do so, they weren't allowing renters to do this at present time... I think... maybe somebody else remembers the thread and what was said...

More Voom Signups - Need to Know Voom Satellite Location

Voom overscan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)