re-uplinking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I think now it kind of suck that NPS has to re-uplink master broadcasts of some of the 4DTV channels because the program providers have went with powervu for their distribution and not Digicipher 2.

I am afraid my c-band dish is going to end up being nothing more than a

Giant pizza dish!

re-uplinking and compression results in pic quality losses.

according to an email from NPS, MTV and AMC has to be "re-uplinked".

all pizza dish companies do is "re-uplink" and compress the signals to death for a nice washed out pixelled picture quality.

Ya it's a shame, NPS can make it look good, I mean look at how many channels HBO has up on one transponder and they look great, bad thing is to many people have poorly tuned dishes and would probably not get the feeds if NPS have the FEC adjusted.

Lucky for me I do not care for any of the channels that are being reuplinked, I sub to all the movie channels every year and thats it, they look great :) and the HD rocks!

The best we can do is email/call NPS and beg them not to over compress, most of us have big dish for price and picture quality, I had a glimps at some of the reuplinks, and they stink, look as bad an dtv and Dish YUCK!

pizza dish

Yes, they send me crap literature all the time for E*.

I will never sub to D* or E* period. It's not worth the money to me.

I have a 7.5' mesh dish with a 20 degree cheap c-band lnbf that I can get 70+ % on G-1 HBO/MAX channels but my dish is precisely tuned.

I spent a little time on this.

When the old sat was up there I got 59% and 63%.

So the new bird helped a little.

I guess your right if the FEC was reduced to allow more bandwidth it would create reception problems for the poorly tuned dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts