Titanium Satellite Reach Limit error

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hello, I have a ASC1 positioner. I keep getting the attached message in the picture. How can I resolve this issue. Thanks
20200524_002239.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: dfecarter
It is not seeing pulses back from the sensor at the dish. So you need to figure out why. If the motor is not blocked and you are not at your E/W limit, you have a bad sensor or wiring problem. Most likely a wiring issue.

Yup. Pull the motor cover and have someone hit E-W and see if the gears spin.
Pull the motor and see if you can turn the actuator screw.
Process of elimination.

it just started this yesterday. It havent been an issue. so whats the best way to fix.

it just started this yesterday. It havent been an issue. so whats the best way to fix.
See posts 2 and 3 above.
You are going to have get out there and check everything. May be as simple as a loose wire at the back of your ASC1.

i checked all the wiring and all on my motor and the gears. Still having issues withe the ASC1.
I hooked my vbox2 up and it didnt have any issues it worked perfectly. So i think my ASC1 is bad.

1. Clear the Error message by pressing the OK button on the ASC1 front panel.
  2. Place the DC voltage meter probes on the M1 and M2 terminals.
  3. Tap the East button on ASC1 front panel for less than 1/2 second.
  4. What is the momentary DC voltage reading?
  5. Does the position count number display change when the East button is tapped (bump)?
  6. If the East button was pressed too long, clear the Error message.
  7. Place the DC voltage meter probes on the M1 and M2 terminals.
  8. Tap the West button on ASC1 front panel for less than 1/2 second.
  9. What is the momentary DC voltage reading?
  10. Does the position count number display change when the West button is tapped (bump)?
  11. If the West button was pressed too long, clear the Error message.
What is the DC voltage when measured between terminals S1 and S2?

Have you Performed a Global Reset on the ASC1 and retested function?

Reactions: KE4EST
i dont have access to a voltage meter. i did i global reset and nothing still doing the same thing.

i have purchased a new positioner. Was just going to do away with the ASC1.

You bought a new positioner, instead of a $10 meter to figure out what's really going on? Heck, I Harbor Freight gives away a very usable digital meter with a free coupon fairly often. It's this one:

Reactions: phlatwound
asc1 was too much anyways. need something simplier

I am very interested to know the answer to K4EST's previous question... Are you using a shielded cable for the S1/S2 wires?

You still don't know why the same count error has happened on two different controllers.

Something simpler? The ASC1 provides dish movement EXACTLY the same as any DiSEqC 1.2 controller. Move the dish East or West then save the position to a motor assignment number. It programs exactly the same as any G-Box or V-Box controller and moves to a satellite position using exactly the same protocols.

Yes, you have more options available with the ASC1 if you wish to use them (independent fixed LNB power or polarity skew motor control), but these additional settings do not need to be set and can be left at the defaults.

Heck. Another parts replacer. I'd be lost with a naked feeling without my multimeter.
Probably would have gotten zapped a few more times through the years.
What happens I wonder if the reed switch finally pukes or the cable to it fails?
There are not really any more big dish installers out there so self service skills are pretty important.
I probably would have been yelled at for saying to take the battery plug out of a AA cell Mag Light and looking for a flash when the actuator control motor was run. The method of doing so anybody with basic skills would immediately identify.
But. Parts swappers people will be.
Swap me the ASC1 for a UPS shipping ticket that I'll gladly email. I'll need the ticket back but UPS will oblige.

Reactions: a33 and primestar31
i have purchased a new positioner. Was just going to do away with the ASC1.

You should try going through the troubleshooting steps and questions/suggestions above, if at all possible, before you give up on that unit. Especially considering one of the guys that laid it out for you knows more about that box than anyone else in the WORLD. :biggrin

But...if you have moved on from the ASC1 please consider offering it for donation/sale/trade on the Classifieds Board here:

There's a lot of folks on this board that could probably get that thing going and put it to use if you don't want it anymore

You have to be a supporting member to post For Sale items there so if you're not this would be a great time to help support this site to help keep the lights on too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)