Ready to get started with FTA!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aaron01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
Lima, OH
A few months ago I started looking in to FTA then I kinda forgot about it, but now I have been doing some research again and I am ready to get going. Here's what I'd like to know, can anyone reccomend a place that I may be able to purchase a package system, containing everything that I need to get started? I'd be interested in a 90cm dish. Thanks!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with a FTA system, and it makes sense to get everything in the one package, hopefully in the one box.

I would stay away from e-bay, and shop around for a dealer that will be there for you if you have any problems down the road, a 90cm dish is a good idea!

Things to also get.

A signal meter, compass, printouts from http://www.lyngsat.com, a receiver that can search for transponders, four or five hours of free time.

Have fun!

aaron01 said:
A few months ago I started looking in to FTA then I kinda forgot about it, but now I have been doing some research again and I am ready to get going. Here's what I'd like to know, can anyone reccomend a place that I may be able to purchase a package system, containing everything that I need to get started? I'd be interested in a 90cm dish. Thanks!

If you get a motor then no need to move the dish manually, but you can hit a few satellites at a time using the above method, after a few inches the dish elevation would have to be changed (up or down slightly) Most of us started without a motor, its a great way to learn.

Should be fine with the Winegard. I have a home made polar (H to H) mount I made myself that follows the arc exactly, I will post a picture here.

Hi,

I am going to buy a Fortec Ultra receiver, I found one from a Canadian online store with great price.

My questions are:

1. are the US and Canadian the same model?

2. It seems it works on 90V-250V, power should not a problem !?

3. Do anyone buy this from Canada?

Thanks

Mike

most likely exact same model but be careful and find a reliable dealer.
curious did you factor in shipping into cost.

The power supplies on the Fortec Lifetime Ultras are 90 - 240VAC, but for UL listing purposes they are printed on the rear panel as 100 - 120 VAC. There are no differences between Canadian and US units. Same specs.

Make sure that the dealer is authorized and has a real business with service contact information and telephone numbers. You will be required to pay duties and possibly brokerage fees for your purchases from Canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.