Ready to switch - can I tell D* what I want?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoHogsAR

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2004
I have finally made the decision to switch from Dish to DirecTV for the Sunday Ticket. The only reason I hadn't done it before was because I love the dual-tv feature of the Dish 522 receiver. I was doing some reading on whether anything similar was available through DirecTV and see that there is not, but read someone's suggestion to get two DVR's and record the same shows on both. I must not be very smart, because it's a little extra work, but I never thought of doing that.

So, I see that I can get two dual-tuner DVR's for a total of $99, with free delivery, free installation, and a ton of channels, including ST, for $70/month for the first four months. It looks there will also be a $5/month charge for "equipment lease". Here are the questions I have:

1. I have an UltimateTV receiver that a buddy of mine gave me when he switched over to digital cable a couple of years ago. I would like to activate this as a third receiver. Are there additional fees for doing so?

2. After four months, can I drop all the channels I don't want, or do I have to keep TC Premier for 24 months?

3. I really want the SuperFan package. I don't have HD, but the Red Zone channel, 8-in-1, and compressed games are definitely something I'm interested in. Can I tell DirecTV that I'm switching from Dish and have them throw that in?

If there is anything else I need to know, please tell me. I'm sure I can call Dish to ask these questions, but I thought I'd post here first to get "informed" answers. :)

1. Yes, you will have to buy a new access card

2. You can drop to a lower basic package and drop the premiums

3. I doubt it, since you already get a good deal buying Sunday Ticket

i believe if you get the new dvr (r15) and the st you will get an interactive channel but not the red-zone i believe that is a new thing for this year..... if i remeber correct

adkinsjm and dtvtycoon - thanks for the answers. Any idea what they charge for a new access card?

rkr0923 - gotta have the Sunday Ticket!

$20 upfront for the card and FedEx express; if you ask they will usually credit that $20 back to your account once that new card is activated within the time stated; normally 14 days.

Ummm V, he would be really "dissapointed" in the PQ with E*'s version of the Season Ticket. I mean he would hate it more than you hate D*'s. And since I have seen E*'s PQ on Season Tcket along with D*, I am quite certain about this. Go ahead, argue with me.

vurbano said:
No, In the lack of Picture Quality

Just giving you a hard time vurbano

Also to the Original poster, I have get all my Locals Via OTA, and 95% of My HD viewing is there, or on ESPN, so I am very happy with my decision to go from Dish to Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)