reall classy directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sometimes they are given a time slot for a job but when they get there it turns out to be a whole lot more work than their dispatcher expected it to be. When they do get to your house you will expect them to do a good and thorough job and not leave before they're finished because they're behind schedule.

I had two jobs yesterday at 8am a third job at 9am and fourth at 11am....somebody has to wait. It usually is the last person on the list

As an installer, I can say we get ridiculously over booked all the time.
They have no idea how much time a job takes when scheduling them.
Even then, you still have time to spend with the customer making "nice nice" because they want us to be customer service oriented too.
Not to mention, they don't figure drive times in the scheduling at all.

That all being said, I call all my customers ahead of time first thing in the morning.
Sometimes the night before if I get my work orders before 9pm.
For my PM's if I can not get a hold of them in the AM, I will try again between 12 and 12:30
I most certainly do everything in my power to reach them if I will be late.

Next time if they do not give a courtesy call, call DTV asking where they are at 4:01.
They will get back charged for not being there (we get hit with $150).
Hate to say it, but screw them if they can't give a minimum amount of courtesy to call you when they are running late.

As an installer, I can say we get ridiculously over booked all the time.
They have no idea how much time a job takes when scheduling them.
Even then, you still have time to spend with the customer making "nice nice" because they want us to be customer service oriented too.
Not to mention, they don't figure drive times in the scheduling at all.

The Scheduler may not do this stuff your talking about, but you can be sure that the COMPANY does,

Although a call should always be in order for the customer, keep in mind the times you too have been behind or over-booked to the point where someone had to be cut out; so I would ease back a bit on snotty comments and thinking things don't happen sometimes.

Although a call should always be in order for the customer, keep in mind the times you too have been behind or over-booked to the point where someone had to be cut out; so I would ease back a bit on snotty comments and thinking things don't happen sometimes.

Every customer gets a call on my way to thier place ....
However .... you would be surprised to see how many people leave a Can Be Reached number, of a relative, or a number that DOESN'T work, or a number that I call and they DON'T answer, remember, THEY called for the appointment.
They will leave a number to someone across town, it seems they'll leave a number to anyone but themselves.
They''ll leave a work number, when they KNOW that they are sitting at home.
I've called Mothers across town, who say, well they're home...
I've called husbands at work, when the other half is at home waiting ....

However , the worst is when they KNOW they have an appointment, but decide we don't need them home, which is fine, unless you live in a apt, Condo or multi establishment home.
Some reason, those people think we can assure service is working in thier place without getting in.

No call?.......No show?........Directv is aware that this is not good.

Since installations can take several hours I would not let the guy start that late in the day.

Please report the story the installer uses.

Joe

The installer never says - Holy crap!! I'm running late for the day!! I better skip the next 2 appointments and go right to the last appointment of the day !!

I love it the local installer is late and the OP says - reall classy directv, as if someone at the DIRECTV corporate office made sure the local installer would be late.

Every customer gets a call on my way to thier place ....
However .... you would be surprised to see how many people leave a Can Be Reached number, of a relative, or a number that DOESN'T work, or a number that I call and they DON'T answer, remember, THEY called for the appointment.
They will leave a number to someone across town, it seems they'll leave a number to anyone but themselves.
They''ll leave a work number, when they KNOW that they are sitting at home.
I've called Mothers across town, who say, well they're home...
I've called husbands at work, when the other half is at home waiting ....

However , the worst is when they KNOW they have an appointment, but decide we don't need them home, which is fine, unless you live in a apt, Condo or multi establishment home.
Some reason, those people think we can assure service is working in thier place without getting in.

Speaking of that, its a pet peeve of mine when my sales people setup new accounts is to always get 2 contact numbers on the account.

My reasoning is for collection purposes if they don't pay the bill, but it also increases the installation percentages as the installer can get ahold of the customer easier.

It just amazes me the number of people who purposely do not want to give a seconday contact number because they want to speed up the sales process. I require my agents to provide a rebuttle if the customer does not provide a secondary contract number, and usually the threat that the installer might not get ahold of them and reschedule the install is enough to get a secondary contact number from some people.

We all have cell phones, there is no reason why a customer should provide a bad number.

The installer never says - Holy crap!! I'm running late for the day!! I better skip the next 2 appointments and go right to the last appointment of the day !!

I love it the local installer is late and the OP says - reall classy directv, as if someone at the DIRECTV corporate office made sure the local installer would be late.

+1

Speaking of that, its a pet peeve of mine when my sales people setup new accounts is to always get 2 contact numbers on the account.

My reasoning is for collection purposes if they don't pay the bill, but it also increases the installation percentages as the installer can get ahold of the customer easier.

It just amazes me the number of people who purposely do not want to give a seconday contact number because they want to speed up the sales process. I require my agents to provide a rebuttle if the customer does not provide a secondary contract number, and usually the threat that the installer might not get ahold of them and reschedule the install is enough to get a secondary contact number from some people.

We all have cell phones, there is no reason why a customer should provide a bad number.

A couple of years ago I called a CBR number ( I usually wouldn't call if it was a number I didn't recognize, but I did this time).
Now, I'm in the Toledo, Ohio area .... I called the sub's number and it was at 8:30 am, found out the number that I called was in LA and it was 5:30 am where I called the persons Mother.
Now it's a lot harder this day and age with the ability to port numbers all over and Cell numbers you can't always tell where it's going anymore.

From reading this thread, it looks like the installers always call the customer before arriving. That's what a customer should expect and receive from an installer, imo. However, communication works both ways. I can imagine the stories that you guys have seen as intstallers, customers not home, phone # issues, etc.

I've only had to call DirecTV installers 3 times since '99 and in each time I received an advance phone call informing me that they were en route to my home.

I usually talk with the installers since I'm in the maint/repair industry myself (never been a satt TV installer). One of the questions that I ask is about their install schedule for the day since I'm curious about their typical install day. The last time that I had an intstaller arrive, he remounted and aligned my SL5 after my roof (shingles) were replaced. He arrived around 10am and was done before 11am. I asked him about his schedule for the remainder of that day and he had 3 more installs on the list, and one was a multi-room whole-home install.

I can only imagine the time issues, if there's any snags at all, a customer not being at home, lack of a part on the truck, etc.

As a customer, and I'm sure this is shared by most every other cust that waits for any svc-industry installer to arrive at one's home, the important thing is communication. However, that works both ways and it's the customer's responsibility to provide an accurate phone # for contact and to also be available at the time agreed upon by both parties.

One of the "peeves" as a customer is that if an installer is running late and does not call the customer to inform them to update their status. That applies to any other type of residential service call outside the satt install sector.

I know that there's been stories posted here about bad installers and installs, but my experiences with DirecTV intstallers and svc calls have been great over the years with good communication before the arrival as well as workmanship.

Well I got to admit , D* did this to me once too, But so did E*, Verizon,Sears Warranty service tech.
Anytime you have to depend on anyone, be prepared there is a chance you will be let down.

Thats Life!

Now Verizon was the worst and always is the worst,
Their customer service is by far the worst company ever to deal with .
Long wait times, 10 minutes or more just pressing touch tone menu selections ,2 or more Tranfers with wait times everytime. and the 4-7 days before a tech even arrives at the door, to tell me he can't find the problem.
All you Fios fans, will never convince me Verizon as a business is Number 1 in customer satisfaction.
Never in a Million Years!

Now Dish Network, my Initial install date was the 4th of July in 2007.
Tech Showed up at 8:30 am. Perfect!
Now ,when I upgraded 612 to a 722 my appointment was between 12-4 as well, I get a call at 5:30 PM 30 Minutes after I already called E* and Bitched.
He tell me he's running late, I said "Yea No sh*t", By 7:15 he arrived. So I left the job site at noon to meet up with this guy and he showed up at after 7 . Who's fault??? Not mine!

Now last but not least Directv
Only ever had 3 service calls in about the over 10 years of D* history and in that time all the AM service calls, seem to be the best choice.

The one PM service call I've ever had with them resulted in a Phone call at 4:00 to tell me he running late.

Well , sorry but I know if I'm not going to finish something atleast 1 hour before hand.
If you know you still have to drive to another location on top of being at a certain place at a certain time, whose fault is it besides your own?
Is it the Customer?
Is it the Tech?
Is it Directv?

A legitimate tech would be professional and call before his window of time is up. Yes people get upset, they are paying hundreds and thousands a year for service, and they have to change around their plans to suit D* time frame.

But atleast a call would prevent the customer from calling D*,E* or Verizon and ear F^&*ing your Boss!

It seems safe to say that unless you're the first appointment of the day, your appointment, on average, will be delayed at best. Even then, the installers sometimes have to wait for product to arrive before they head out.

The good installer will do a complete install without regard for how late they are running. As a customer, you wouldn't want it any other way.

The good installer will do a complete install without regard for how late they are running. As a customer, you wouldn't want it any other way.
Thats BS!
Thats no excuse for a no show no call!

A Good installer, can work fast,clean,and correct, while providing good communication skills.

I don't want an installer, walking around at a snails pace wasting anymore of my day then they already have.

Just like any business.

I'm not going to pay a guy $15 per hour if someone can do the exact same thing faster and same quaility.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts