Really disappointed with Sirius right now

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
I have had Sirius for about a year, and I have loved it so far. I have been pulling for the merger hoping it would make sat radio better. At this point in time, I am thinking I was dead wrong.

Last year, the whole reason I bought Sirius was because of college football. They didn't carry my team (UGA) but they carried most teams UGA played. I listened to lots of games on Sirius last year.

I try to find UGA games this year, and now I find out that only ***tty conferences and teams nobody cares about are on their list.

Then I hear about this "Best of XM". I figure it should be free, so I call up and find out it's $4 PER RECEIVER. I have a unit in my VW and a Stilletto in my house I rarely listen to, but have kept a sub on for over a year. What a PITA that the cost of the Stilletto's sub will almost double if I want college FB.

In order to reduce costs, I figure I will try out a la cart, which was a feature they kept bragging about if the merger went through. Guess what, neither my Stiletto nor my VW can do a la cart.

I am now seriously considering cancelling the sub on my Stilletto. It will be harder to cancel it in my car because I hate terrestrial and I'm too lazy to load my iPod, but if this continues then I think I will be forced.

I feel so violated after pulling for this merger for so long and then immediately they start nickel-and-diming me.

Whatever lead you to believe that adding the best of XM would be free? If you have been "pulling for the merger" like you said, you would have known that adding additional services would equal additional price. That was disclosed to the Department of Justice and the FCC. You're still getting the same service for the same price. Either keep it, upgrade, or cancel. Those are your choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)