Really need some help here....Please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I must have one of those dishes then 'cause my elevation is 32 degrees and I'm not getting anything from g10 yet!!! However I got board after an hour of trying to find it so ( I have a short attention span !) I started playing w/ the LNB settings and I found that I can get Echostar 9 @ 121 W??? Does this mean I'm close? I would think I could bump my dish about 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch more west and drop the elevation about the same and I should be on G10! Right?

Like Iceberg said, if you've found the test slate at 121w (Congratulations! You have a Superdish at 121w!), you are almost there. Just move the dish SLOWLY west until you lose the signal from 121w. Now, blindscan, and you should be pulling in the channels from G-10R. If not, SLOWLY move the dish a TINY amount downward. Skew should not be radically different on 123w, if you are picking up 121w with no problems. Good luck!

Is it possible that I have a bad LNB? It seems like I can only get the higher frequincies, I mean I'm all over 121 but I get nothing from g10! I spend an hour making 1/16th adjustments left and right while going up and down then repeated again going back towards 121. I've re-done ALL my cables and connectors. I noticed 123 is sharing simular freq's w/121 I forget what they are but I belive it was tp's 21 or 20 and the S/R was 20001 or something. I guess I'm confused why I can get this 67-73% signal quality but can't get anyother tp's on 121 or 123? Am I not going far enought west? Is there away to test the lnb or are they all or nothing??? Really getting depressed here!!!!!

Ok, xtreme LNB is out and Invacom's SNH-031 should be late next week. I'll get back to ya'all then! Is there "really a g10 @123? Or is this a joke ya'all play on the newbies???? LOL! Thanks to everyone for all your help so far....When the Invacom snh-031 shows up I'll get back at it. Thanks again to everyone!

One question on the Xtreme...is it the Xtreme I or Xtreme II?

Xtreme II has a different way to set up the LNB for a fixed dish

Don't know where you are, but like the man said, if you fine 121, you are breathing down 123!, I have a primestar 84e on it, and from 121, I turned the dish a tiny amount, like 1/8" and G10 pops right in, no skew adjust no elevation adjustment needed. (of course you CAN improve the signal strength with a slight elevation drop from 121, like 1/4 turn of the elev bolt)
I wonder is there a tree or something possibly in the way of 123 for you......

I wonder if he was killing all that time by blind scanning?
Isn't that a waste of time, since he had 121 rock solid?
Put in the freq for 123, and go for it... am I missing something here?

Blind scanning is great when you find a bird, get aligned well, and you just don't know where the hell you are in the sky.
He's got a pretty good idea!

Old thread about Xtreme I and II LNBs (only first page is relevant):
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/89713-xtreme-xtreme-ll-lnbf.html

Link to DMSI site with info on where to stick your Xtreme II, and how far to twist it:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/install.htm

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]                        Livonia, MI 48152
          Latitude 42° 25.548'N Longitude 83° 21.816'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az([B][COLOR=Red]m[/COLOR][/B])   El  Skew
EchoStar 9/Intelsat Americas 13  121.0W 228.8 236.7 28.1  33.7
                     Galaxy 10R  123.0W 230.8 [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]238.7 26.9  34.9[/B][/COLOR]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Don't know if this will help in this situation but...

When trying to find a satellite the first thing I do is delete all the transponders programmed into the reciever. Then I manually enter ONE strong tp from Iceberg's sticky thread, aim for the satellite until I find it and then blind scan.

I have found myself more than once trying to find a sat using a tp that wasn't active. Even if you start on that tp, when you are bouncing around in the menus it is easy for the box to default to a different tp. If you only have one tp programmed on the satellite while aiming you won't have to worry about it.

Don't give up trying to find 123. I was convinced all my equipment was defective right up until I locked in my first channel on a satellite. Then I was absolutely certain that g10r had fallen out of orbit until I finally locked it in. Remember to make a small adjustment to your dish, then pause to see what effect the change had. When you are close tighten the bolts and just lean on each side of the dish to find out which way you need to go.

No, G-10R is no joke. It's up there, right next to 121w, and is probably the best choice for a fixed dish due to the amount of available programming. I don't know why you're not getting it, but if you're receiving 121w, there's nothing wrong with your LNBF (or skew)...

I remember when I was playing around with my dual lnbf setup for 123 and 129. I couldn't get a good lock on White Springs. Turns out they had real bad storms at the uplink knocking down my signal (checked the radar for Florida for the WS uplink). All kind of crazy thoughts went through my head about hardware or alignment issues on my end. Then I took hold of the situation. I looked at Lyngsat and got the data for the Starband channels, and used one of them to peak the bird. Maxed it out about a half hour later all by itself White Springs came in. I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time while I was peaking my dish.

The moral of the story is don't assume that the equipment is bad at first when you can't find the bird. There has to be a logical explanation for whats happening. Set a strong G-10 transponder data in you receiver and get the bird first. It can be done. Forget about blind scanning till your done peaking that transponder to the max.

One question on the Xtreme...is it the Xtreme I or Xtreme II?

Xtreme II has a different way to set up the LNB for a fixed dish
I think it's Xtreme 1? the box just says "Xtreme 0.3 db LNBF" The specs on the box are RF:11.7-12.2GHz IF:950-1450MHz L.O:10.75GHz NF.:0.3db. I only thought to change it out since all the reviews I've read about the Invacom where so great. Somebody else asked be if I had trees in the way and I DO NOT. I useed a lazer range finder and the closest tree is 2018 feet. The tallest tree in my path is about 60 feet tall but thats beyond 3000 feet. The main problem I'm having now is that I can get "great" Signal quality from G10 / Or at least my traxis 3500 says I'm on G10 but when I skip through 121 I realize I'm not on G10 at all! I'v never got more than 11% signal quality on TP 6 , 11805 H 4580! But TP20, 12087 V 20003 I get over 70% S/Q. But 121 has a TP35 which is the same as G10's TP 20 except that the Freq. is one higher (12088 as apposed to 12087) I think I'm thinking about trying avg1joe's suggestion and deleting all the TP's exept TP6 and see what happens. Actually I might just delete all the sats since I only want G10 anyway!

Last edited:
Xtreme I has a plastic case around it and is the left pic
Xtreme II is metal and is the right pic

Attachments

• IM000367.JPG
    IM000367.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 108
  • x2r.jpg
    x2r.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 128
It's plastic, Bought it from a DMSI dealer here in Michigan. I took some vaca time this week-end so Friday "weather permitting" I'll climb back up there and give it another go! Did I understand you right when you said if I have the test card from 121 then all I have to do is blind scan 123? Or do I have to drop the elevation 1/2 degree and go 1/8 or so west?

You have to drop the elevation a little bit and move west a little bit then try a blind search or you can use know frequencies to help you find the satellite.

I just moved the dish upto my roof
Unless you had a line of sight issue (which you have said you don't) I'd recommend putting the dish back where you can reach it from the ground for your convenience. You really want to have the traxis and a tv right next to you while moving that dish around.
Actually I might just delete all the sats since I only want G10 anyway!
Don't get carried away. Tps scan right back in if you delete them. Adding satellites in the order they belong on the arc is a little harder.

When you are receiving the "Congrats on the Superdish" channel, VERY SLOWLY pan the dish west until you lose quality on 121w, then stop. At that point, you should be close enough to pick up something on 123w once you scan or enter a live G-10R transponder. They are that close.

Well Good news and Bad news....Bad new 1st. I was able to confirm my Xtreme LNB is defective! Good news....I freakin FINALLY got G10!!!! How? With a old ( what i thought was a piece of crap) Spitfire standard LNB! I got it with the 24" wineguard dish I bought off ebay for 4 bucks...Guess it was a pretty good deal after all! Any way let me again thank all of you who helped be set up my very first fta dish! Ya all are a bunch of great guys! And in my opinion thats what makes "Satelliteguys.us" Such an awsome site! I hope soon I get the chance to help all of you out! Thanks again.

Well Good news and Bad news....Bad new 1st. I was able to confirm my Xtreme LNB is defective! Good news....I freakin FINALLY got G10!!!! How? With a old ( what i thought was a piece of crap) Spitfire standard LNB! I got it with the 24" wineguard dish I bought off ebay for 4 bucks...Guess it was a pretty good deal after all! Any way let me again thank all of you who helped be set up my very first fta dish! Ya all are a bunch of great guys! And in my opinion thats what makes "Satelliteguys.us" Such an awsome site! I hope soon I get the chance to help all of you out! Thanks again.

Good Deal.... Don't feel bad My G-10 dish was used and had a LNBF that only saw one polarity . Although I found G-10 quick I could only get Horiz. I had to trick it to see vertical until I replaced it with the GeosatPro Bullet LNBF I currently use. Since I swapped out the LNBF 100% smooth sailing from that point on. ENJOY Your New FTA setup!!! :)

sweet :) Glad you got it working. I had one of those spitfire LNB's...they work pretty good. Donated it a while back to a member here

Congratulations! You have a FTA dish on G-10R! :) Strange... I wonder, if the LNBF was bad, why it was getting the "Congrats on the Superdish" channel on 121 :confused:

Congratulations! You have a FTA dish on G-10R! :) Strange... I wonder, if the LNBF was bad, why it was getting the "Congrats on the Superdish" channel on 121 :confused:
I made so many changes and tried so many different approches to get 123 I couldn't remember which LNB I had on the dish! I have 3 LNB's (Not to mention xtra DSS LNBs from when I subscribed) I started thinking last night maybe I didn't have the Xtreme on the dish when I was first trying to get it??? So for S#*ts and giggles I tried it and BAM it work right away? I talked w/my DMSI dealer early this morning he said to try it again but adjust the focus? Move the LNB in and out in the LNB holder. I'll try and see if that works 'cause I want to try and get AMC 3 next for the PBS stations. If it does work I'm gonna put the spitfire on the 24" dish and try for AMC 3. I still have a Invacom LNB on the way which I want for 123. If the xtreme does work then I guess I'll need another dish or maybe I'll look into getting a motor for my dish??? Ah, the possibilities!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)