rebate issues.... surprise, surprise...

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I like rebates. I use rebates. I have success with rebates.... usually ....

I upgraded to HD service back in AUGUST. DIU my 625 to a 622. Mailed in the rebate form for the $100 receiver rebate PLUS the $10 off per month for 10 months. I've called a couple times and always been patient and never nasty. I have checked the rebate status web site and it was forever in "Processing". I checked a couple days ago and it says I am being denied. That my account does not qualify! Also says they will call me. I called the redemption department and they can't transfer me to the Client Research (or Customer Research) department because they don't know the number.

OK, so NOW I'm getting a little ticked off. Should I call Dish's main number and ask for client research? Or do I sit and wait for them to call me (when I work all day) and hope I can return a call to them?

Just checked the rebate site as I have been waiting for my rebate since August. It had moved from Processing to Required Validation Period but there was an error listed on my application. The error says, " Your account does not have a qualifying program required for this offer - CLIENT WILL CALL CONSUMER". I did notice the rebate web site has my phone number listed incorrectly and I haven't received a call or anything in the mail. I just emailed Dish through their online email after trying to call customer support, but the customer support line just gives a busy signal. I was assured that I qualified for the DIU program when I ordered the 622. Not sure what to do now. May have to email ceo@echostar.com.

Just checked the rebate site as I have been waiting for my rebate since August. It had moved from Processing to Required Validation Period but there was an error listed on my application. The error says, " Your account does not have a qualifying program required for this offer - CLIENT WILL CALL CONSUMER". I did notice the rebate web site has my phone number listed incorrectly and I haven't received a call or anything in the mail. I just emailed Dish through their online email after trying to call customer support, but the customer support line just gives a busy signal. I was assured that I qualified for the DIU program when I ordered the 622. Not sure what to do now. May have to email ceo@echostar.com.

The message you see is exactly the message I got

been transferred 3 times now... nobody knows jack about what's going on... hehehe. I gotta say I normally have great experiences with E* CSR folks. This rebate thing is frosting my nads though. CSR passes it off as the "third party rebate center" fault. CSR gave me a phone number to contact the rebate center directly. Number is disconnected. No further information available. This is getting out of hand.

BearcatScott-

Is your billing, by any chance, bundled through your phone company?

I'm asking this because mine is bundled. The "account number" on my bill is internal to my phone company and my actual Dish account number doesn't show up ANYWHERE on my bill. AND... to confuse matters even more... the account number is 16 digits... just like a "real" DishNetwork account number. I'm fairly certain this is what's screwing up my rebate. I'm on the phone trying to get it fixed...... now escalting to executive resolution.

ok... my issue is being addressed by Executive Resolution. They are doing a manual correction and I should see the rebates in 2 cycles. (Because I'm bundled.... Dish actually sends the bill to my phone company and the phone company incorporates it into my bill...that's why it *may* take 2 cycles)

But I am trusting Jim, the CSR that he took care of this after he spoke with executive resolution while I was on hold and then he got back to me.

Once I started getting bounced back and forth between Dish and tehir "3rd party rebate center" with each one "blaming" the other... I knew I was in trouble. :)

I called the regular number... hit 1 and then 2 (I think... you have to get at least a level or 2 into the menu. Then just hit 0 and you should hear, "Please wait while I find someone who can take care of you...."

I actually got a tier 3 tech and I apologized because this isn't technical, but there's no phone menu option for it either. He listened and actually took care of it (hopefully) but I won't know for sure for a billing cycle or 2.

ok... my issue is being addressed by Executive Resolution. They are doing a manual correction and I should see the rebates in 2 cycles. (Because I'm bundled.... Dish actually sends the bill to my phone company and the phone company incorporates it into my bill...that's why it *may* take 2 cycles)

But I am trusting Jim, the CSR that he took care of this after he spoke with executive resolution while I was on hold and then he got back to me.

Once I started getting bounced back and forth between Dish and tehir "3rd party rebate center" with each one "blaming" the other... I knew I was in trouble. :)
I just used ceo@echostar.com and I had a response in about 1 1/2 hours saying I would get a my rebate applied manually. I had called the rebate center but they had no record of receiving my documents that I mailed in October. I'll be checking my bill which should be out in Jan 10.

My rebates were approved according to the status back a month or two ago, but I haven't seen the credits on my bill.. I spose maybe I should email Exec now.. I sent them in in Sept.

My rebates were approved according to the status back a month or two ago, but I haven't seen the credits on my bill.. I spose maybe I should email Exec now.. I sent them in in Sept.

If they were approved, I wouldn't email ceo ... I'm thinking they are getting a lot of bull$*** emails and not being used for more important stuff. (yes, I know your money is important to you... no argument there). If it's approved I would just call and say that it was approved almost 2 months ago but you're not seeing the credits applied. See if they can tell you the status of the credits.

I just used ceo@echostar.com and I had a response in about 1 1/2 hours saying I would get a my rebate applied manually. I had called the rebate center but they had no record of receiving my documents that I mailed in October. I'll be checking my bill which should be out in Jan 10.
I just checked my statement and the $100.00 rebate has been applied. Quick service from ceo@echostar.com.

If they were approved, I wouldn't email ceo ... I'm thinking they are getting a lot of bull$*** emails and not being used for more important stuff. (yes, I know your money is important to you... no argument there). If it's approved I would just call and say that it was approved almost 2 months ago but you're not seeing the credits applied. See if they can tell you the status of the credits.

I tried that before and they told me they have nothing to do with rebates and I should call some other rebate phone number.

It's 3 receivers, so it's something like 300 bucks. :) Exec Office originally set up the 3 receivers (since the limit is usually 2).

Same crap here. Anybody see a trend here?:rolleyes: I'm owed $200 in equipment rebates from early September. It's been " processing" since 9/18 and of course the rebate phone # is no longer in service. I've called twice and after the normal phone merry-go round have been told it'll be taken care of. It ain't. Anybody out there actually send in a rebate form and get it in a timely manner? From what I've seen posted here it looks like everbody has to jump through hoops to get the $$$ owed 'em. Guess I'll try the ceo@echostar thing. GGRRRR!:mad:
BTW, I'm not "bundled" with anything or anybody so I'm sure that has nothing to do with this.

Ed

The phone number that was listed on the rebate form I sent in worked. I had sent in my forms in October 2007 and they said they never received them. I talked to two different people (was disconnected once) and was told to resubmit. I then sent a email to ceo@echostar.com. I had a response in less than 2 hours and the rebate has already been applied to my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)