Received email from Netflix about household sharing

In membership issues, Costco has announced no more sharing the card, only for people living in the same house, they are now going to start checking the photo on the card, even in the self-checkout area.

I want to see if people are mad at Costco for this, like they were with Netflix.

I don't share my card so it makes no difference to me. While I have the card I mostly use my Costco app at the self check. It has a photo on the card within the app.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I happened to make a short Costco run this morning. They had someone standing at the Self Check looking at card photos. It didn't slow my process at all.

I don't know anyone that shares their Costco card like that. It must happen some if they are making the policy. I have taken friends with me to buy stuff with my card.

Yeah really...I can't imagine. "I'm too cheap to get my own Costco membership can I borrow your card?"

• Haha
Reactions: mackie99
Always use the regular checkouts at Costco. The store I frequent is pretty darn quick.
If I have a ton of items I use the regular. Today I had 6 items and the lines were long with very full carts. I was very glad to see the self checks installed.

I happened to make a short Costco run this morning. They had someone standing at the Self Check looking at card photos. It didn't slow my process at all.
It annoys the hell out of me ...
You have to scan your card when you pay anyways, however, it makes it feel like they are saying Everyone is doing it, so we are all inconvenienced.

The self check out should be for those with limited items as well, not those with a full shopping cart.
Its quite typical for me to go in and get 2 or 3 items ... the self check out was nice, when used properly.

Now it seems like were all trying to get one over on them ... and they still check your receipt at the door .
All of which is perfectly fine, seeing you paid the membership.

It annoys the hell out of me ...
You have to scan your card when you pay anyways, however, it makes it feel like they are saying Everyone is doing it, so we are all inconvenienced.

The self check out should be for those with limited items as well, not those with a full shopping cart.
Its quite typical for me to go in and get 2 or 3 items ... the self check out was nice, when used properly.

Now it seems like were all trying to get one over on them ... and they still check your receipt at the door .
All of which is perfectly fine, seeing you paid the membership.
No
The self checkout is there to save Costco the cost of hiring another cashier...use the line that says "10 items or less" for small orders

No
The self checkout is there to save Costco the cost of hiring another cashier...use the line that says "10 items or less" for small orders
When was the last time you were at a Costco, they usually have about 6-8 workers in the self checkout area to help people.

Now Sam’s Club, no one there to help it seems.

Reactions: Bobby and raoul5788
No
I'm not sure if there is a 10 item or less sign, I don't remember .
I'm typically a 2-4 item guy, so I would normally qualify If the sign is there.

It really doesn't save them the cost of another cashier as there are 2 or 3 people used to man the Self Check outs anyways, now maybe more.
All of them on the Front End are crossed trained, remember they also have the Cashier helper to load items as well.

I've already got to have my card out to pay, now they want it out again to confirm that I am who I say I am.

What next, check your ID before you leave the door ????

In membership issues, Costco has announced no more sharing the card, only for people living in the same house, they are now going to start checking the photo on the card, even in the self-checkout area.

I want to see if people are mad at Costco for this, like they were with Netflix.
They have been checking at the Waterbury CT Costco for a month or so. I've already told them I'm not happy about it.

Reactions: Jimbo
No
You haven't seen the number of people that work at Costco?

Reactions: Bobby