Received email from Netflix about household sharing

I'm not sure if there is a 10 item or less sign, I don't remember .
I'm typically a 2-4 item guy, so I would normally qualify If the sign is there.

It really doesn't save them the cost of another cashier as there are 2 or 3 people used to man the Self Check outs anyways, now maybe more.
All of them on the Front End are crossed trained, remember they also have the Cashier helper to load items as well.

I've already got to have my card out to pay, now they want it out again to confirm that I am who I say I am.

What next, check your ID before you leave the door ????
They check for my membership card when I come in, they check it again at the Checkout, and they check my purchases before I leave, going through the receipt and my cart.

I hate Costco. They AREN'T cheaper than our local Walmart, (including the gas station) and going there to buy something is like going on a Snipe hunt. Stuff may or may NOT be there, but it's never in the same location twice.

My wife refused for me to cancel the membership though.

I hate Costco. They AREN'T cheaper than our local Walmart
I've never even seen a Costco. I bought a Sam's Club membership once. I was about to buy some motor oil in the 24 quart case, then I realized it was cheaper at Walmart buying it by the quart. So, I started comparing other items. I found out real quick that buying in bulk doesn't always mean less expensive.

Reactions: primestar31
I already have my card out at the self check area to scan it. I see no issue with someone looking at my photo to ensure it is actually me. It doesn't slow the process one bit.

Reactions: TheKrell and klang
They check for my membership card when I come in, they check it again at the Checkout, and they check my purchases before I leave, going through the receipt and my cart.

I hate Costco. They AREN'T cheaper than our local Walmart, (including the gas station) and going there to buy something is like going on a Snipe hunt. Stuff may or may NOT be there, but it's never in the same location twice.

No but Costco treats their employees way better than Sams or Walmart! You can have them.

Technically, they don't check for your card at the Entrance, just that you have a card.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I've never even seen a Costco. I bought a Sam's Club membership once. I was about to buy some motor oil in the 24 quart case, then I realized it was cheaper at Walmart buying it by the quart. So, I started comparing other items. I found out real quick that buying in bulk doesn't always mean less expensive.
Gas prices are ALWAYS much cheaper, plus the 4% off of it when you do .

Reactions: Bobby
Maybe in your world. Care to give us some data proving your point!
Sure. The average costco wage is $20/ hour ..a full time cashier would make 40k a part time cashier at 20hrs a week is about 20 k a year...you have 5 self service lines...that means 10 fewer cashiers...that saves $40/hour. X 14 hours a day x 7 days a week x 52 weeks thats 200k not including healthcare, vacation, sicktime and other benefits

I hate Costco
When I saw this, it reminded me of the Bosco song I sang as a child.

I hate Bosco, enriched with DDT.
My Mama put it in my milk, to try and poison me.
But, I fooled Mama, I put it in her tea.

And, now I have no Mama, to try and poison me.

Here's the official version

View: https://youtu.be/F-aCP3SVu-Q
He doesn't have time to go to Costco
You mean they have Costco's in Russia?
Hey guys, remember, this is the Netflix thread.
I just assumed they sold Netflix subscriptions in Costco.

When I saw this, it reminded me of the Bosco song I sang as a child.

I hate Bosco, enriched with DDT.
My Mama put it in my milk, to try and poison me.
But, I fooled Mama, I put it in her tea.

And, now I have no Mama, to try and poison me.

Here's the official version

View: https://youtu.be/F-aCP3SVu-Q

You mean they have Costco's in Russia?

Unfortunately, I don't think so, at least not Yet !

They Do sell Gift cards for some restaurants ...

They do not, the only streaming service gift card they have sold was Apple TV, last time they were on sale, it was for $29.99 for a year, I bought a few.

All the other Gift Cards are XBOX, Playstation, Restaurants, Movie Theaters and Travel.

Sams is best place to get Gift Cards for cash.

Getting back on topic
The shared account ban seems to be affecting streaming devices and not cell phones
I can still watch netflix via roku if I share the screen on my samsung cell phone with no accoint sharing warning..its called smart view

Reactions: TheKrell