Received email from Netflix about household sharing

Sure. The average costco wage is $20/ hour ..a full time cashier would make 40k a part time cashier at 20hrs a week is about 20 k a year...you have 5 self service lines...that means 10 fewer cashiers...that saves $40/hour. X 14 hours a day x 7 days a week x 52 weeks thats 200k not including healthcare, vacation, sicktime and other benefits
Man are you missing the point! Costco is way overstaffed compared to just about any other retail store. They have more than enough people to man 10 more registers if they wanted to.

In Stores ?
I've seen restaurants GC in the store, but never Streaming cards, but haven't looked specifically for them either.

I do see some Online thru thier website.
I have no idea which ones they sell. But I've seen the displays. There are lots of cards on them.

Reactions: Jimbo

Since they started the crackdown, added about 27 Million new subscribers ( now over 260 Million globally), revenue for the 4th quarter alone was over $8 Billion, share price is up to $628

Ending free password sharing was a great idea, now all the other streamers are ending the practice based on Netflix success.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Since they started the crackdown, added about 27 Million new subscribers ( now over 260 Million globally), revenue for the 4th quarter alone was over $8 Billion, share price is up to $628

Ending free password sharing was a great idea, now all the other streamers are ending the practice based on Netflix success.

Yeah, well, they still get a lot less money from me. They used to get $20 a month, now they get $6.99. None of the freeloaders on my old account signed up for new service, so I'm a deadbeat to Netflix in this case.

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF

First quarter 2024 report is out, another big gain since clamping down on password sharing-

Today, Netflix reported its first-quarter 2024 earnings and added a staggering 9.33 million new subscribers to its lineup.

With this growth, Netflix added 2.53 million in the United States and Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa added 2.92 million. Latin America added 1.72 million, and the Asian-Pacific market grew by 2.16 million.

Revenue for the first quarter of 2024 was $4.224 billion, up 7% year over year.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The article doesn't say the growth is related to the end of password sharing, so I'm not sure how it's relevant?
Never said it was, but this is now the 4th quarterly report since they stopped password sharing, all of them with a major increase in subscribers.

You can go thru this thread yourself, read a bunch of posts that wrote Netflix would lose a bunch of subscribers because of it, there are three posters that wrote they would gain subscribers.

The article doesn't say the growth is related to the end of password sharing, so I'm not sure how it's relevant?
I think it’s relevant because it’s the second large gain of subs since password sharing ended. I know how to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. Do you really think they would grow over 9 million subs in the last quarter if sharing was still cool?

I think it’s relevant because it’s the second large gain of subs since password sharing ended. I know how to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. Do you really think they would grow over 9 million subs in the last quarter if sharing was still cool?
You are correct, it is very relevant, Netflix password-sharing crackdown went into effect in May 2023, so during the 2nd quarter 2023, this is what the gains have been ( also revenue went way up)-

2nd Quarter 2023 +5.9 Million
3rd Quarter 2023 +8.76 Million
4th Quarter 2023 +13.1 Million
1st Quarter 2024 + 9.33 Million

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Bobby
You are correct, it is very relevant, Netflix password-sharing crackdown went into effect in May 2023, so during the 2nd quarter 2023, this is what the gains have been ( also revenue went way up)-

Also saw this article that Netflix is going to stop quarterly reporting in 2025.

Only the subscriber numbers, they will continue to report revenue and operating margins.

I am amazed they are still adding so many subscribers, in the last four quarters, they have added a tad over 37 million, Comcast, Charter and DirecTV all together has almost 40 Million, Netflix’s gains alone the last 4 quarters is only 3 millions less.

Netflix has almost 270 Million Households subscribers, in the United States, has 78 Million ( +5 Million in Canada) subs, which is 8 Million more then Paid Live TV here.