Receiver auto on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
K, what the crap!? Since the last software download my receivers randomly come on. I'll shut them off before bed and wake up and all 3 are powered back on. 2 HR24's and an HR22. Anybody else had this or seen this!? I've talked to several techs in my market and they're all giving me the "house is haunted" but I really am lost. I don't care that they come on its just mind blowing what and why they're doing it

K, what the crap!? Since the last software download my receivers randomly come on. I'll shut them off before bed and wake up and all 3 are powered back on. 2 HR24's and an HR22. Anybody else had this or seen this!? I've talked to several techs in my market and they're all giving me the "house is haunted" but I really am lost. I don't care that they come on its just mind blowing what and why they're doing it

Is this happening regularly ?

I ask because as you know, if an Update comes down over night it will turn on automatically and stay on.

This would not be happening regularly though.

I had a box with a loose power connection and it would reboot frequently so any interruption in power could cause them all to reboot and stay on.

Checked all connections, tight like tiger! It happens every night. It's got me lost. I'm wondering if the storms we've had (bad lightning) had anything to do with it.

Checked all connections, tight like tiger! It happens every night. It's got me lost. I'm wondering if the storms we've had (bad lightning) had anything to do with it.

Maybe you took a hit and it got your Power Supply and now it's intermittently going out ?

However, you said recvrs, thus it's more than one, so I would rule out that guess as it would not happen to ALL of them.

Hello Hutch1814,

A question comes to mind. Do any of the receivers get their power from a UPS? If not hen try one of the receivers plugged into a UPS. If it still turns the tv on then it sounds like something wrong with the power supply in each receiver. If not then a suggestion is to a call an electrician to check out your house for electrical problems. Less likely but still possible that your electrical provider aka power company could be having problems providing a steady supply of electricity (could be dropping and then spiking upward overshooting and then coming back to normal power [example dropping to below 100 v and then shooting up to 130v and then back to a nominal 120v give or take a few volts]). This power surge could be turning on your receivers if their power supplies were marginal. No I don't think that you live in a haunted house. Remember the show "X Files". The truth is out there. ;)

It it might be poltergeist. We have a TV in our kitchen and occasionally when we turn on the microwave the TV comes on too. Odd thing is it doesn't happen every time. Hmm. Now that I think about it, our house was built over an old cemetery. ;)

Love all the idea (even having a house built on a grave yard) but I've checked everything. It's only the receivers and the past couple nights it's not happened. I had the house rewired when we bought it so I know MY electrical is good. Hard telling with the electric company. I'm assuming it's just a weird weird weird one off :)

A thought..... are the 3 receivers on the same house circuit? A flakey circuit breaker or loose connection in the fuse box could be causing them to momentarily loose power. The over night temperature cycle could be causing a marginal connection to act up. When they reboot I think they stay on.
Do you have any electrical appliances that you could plug in that doesn't remember the time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)