Receiver AZBOX PREMIUM HD + Plus FTA Brazil

bamenda

Original poster
May 16, 2011
milwaukee/wisconsin/usa
I just bought the receiver AZNOZ HD +FTA BRAZIL. Can anyone tell me the best FTA satellite dish I need for this receiver. my wife is from Brazil and will like to watch some brazillian tv programming. What type and How many LNB's I need for the dish so I can as many channels I can. thanks for your help

Available setellites for FTA BRAZIL

what are the various setellites that the FTA dish can hit to get brazilian channels from Wisconsin/USA. does anyone has a listing of this satellites. thanks

Bamenda,

Hi and welcome to the FTA area of SatelliteGuys! Glad you came in!

I will have to explain that you cannot get Brazilian "satellites" from our locations with any dish or receiver. The satellites intended for Brazil can only be seen or detected from Brazil or the general area. However, there may be Brazilian "channels" which are picked up by other agencies/providers that are rebroadcast on FTA satellites that you and I in the upper midwest can pull in.

I personally cannot tell you anything about the Brazilian channels in that regard as I don't know what those channels are, so I cannot go out looking for them to find out which sats carry them as a rebroadcast. This is where you will have to pick out a station that you are familiar with and then start Googling it or tracing down which sat available to us (a sat that you and I can see from our location) might carry it. You will have to spend some time just looking up the major channels that you are interested in and tracking them to other sats.

Google is probably the best resource to start from, that usually leads you to further and more detailed clues in such regards. It may be quick to find one or two channels, but on the other hand, you might have to spend a lot of time tracking them down. That is why this FTA business is considered a hobby for us. They just don't give the information out very freely, we have to work for it.

For many, that is the fun of the challenge, for others it is just a pain and an obstacle. You will have to decide what to call it for your situation. :)

RADAR

best satellite dish to buy for my AZBOX HD PREMIUM

Hi Radar
can you tell what is the best satellite dish to buy for my AZBOX PRIMIUM

Bamenda,

Hi and welcome to the FTA area of SatelliteGuys! Glad you came in!

I will have to explain that you cannot get Brazilian "satellites" from our locations with any dish or receiver. The satellites intended for Brazil can only be seen or detected from Brazil or the general area. However, there may be Brazilian "channels" which are picked up by other agencies/providers that are rebroadcast on FTA satellites that you and I in the upper midwest can pull in.

I personally cannot tell you anything about the Brazilian channels in that regard as I don't know what those channels are, so I cannot go out looking for them to find out which sats carry them as a rebroadcast. This is where you will have to pick out a station that you are familiar with and then start Googling it or tracing down which sat available to us (a sat that you and I can see from our location) might carry it. You will have to spend some time just looking up the major channels that you are interested in and tracking them to other sats.

Google is probably the best resource to start from, that usually leads you to further and more detailed clues in such regards. It may be quick to find one or two channels, but on the other hand, you might have to spend a lot of time tracking them down. That is why this FTA business is considered a hobby for us. They just don't give the information out very freely, we have to work for it.

For many, that is the fun of the challenge, for others it is just a pain and an obstacle. You will have to decide what to call it for your situation. :)

RADAR

Hi Radar
can you tell what is the best satellite dish to buy for my AZBOX PRIMIUM

Bamenda,

The fact that you are using an AZBox has no relation to the dish you must purchase. The criteria for selecting the dish depends mainly upon your desired reception band (Ku vs C) and your wallet.
Generally, the common rule of thumb is that the larger diameter dish is better, but that is not always the true "big picture". There are other factors that must be considered such as the F/D ratio. This is the ratio of the focal depth to the diameter of the dish. Basically, this just means how deep or how shallow your dish is.

There are advantages and disadvantages to every dish dimension. If you are going to capture Ku band signals ONLY, you should select something between 75cm and 1.2 M. I would not go below of above these diameters and you should research the specific details (the F/D ratio and total weight) of the dish you select so that you can match that dish with a most suitable LNBF and MOTOR (if you intend to use a motor). The selection of a motor doesn't relate to the F/D ratio, but it does relate to the overall size and mainly the total weight of the dish.

Similar rules apply to C-band dishes, but I don't think I would go smaller than 6 foot diameter here. Besides that, there are many different factors than come in to play with C-Band vs Ku-Band.

You will have to decide which direction you are going (Ku or C or both) and then focus your research on your desired final outcome. I can only scratch the surface of this subject with you at this time by giving you some broad hints or ideas. I cannot really be specific as I don't truly know what direction you really plan to head off in. This is a hobby and everyone has their own specific direction, so it is difficult to nail it down to please or to suit everyone's pleasure just right.

However, you should see that it doesn't matter which FTA receiver you are using here to select your dish. It depends moreso upon what your reception desires are.

Currently, I am using a 1.2 M GeoSatPro dish for Ku-only with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and a DG-380 PowerTech motor. You can start your research from there if you have a desire to.

RADAR

inimum Symbol Rates

AZBox Premium HD + will it work with VBoxIII & Actuator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts